Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I was playing around tonight when I got home from my neighbors and thought I would take a thermal photo of the P500 to see how the heat was concentrated on the machine. Here is the image if anyone is interested. They are a little close because I was in the garage but the first one is the side of the cab toward the rear and the second is the rear, mainly exhaust. You can see the hot seat!
IMGT0001
IMGT0002

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I would expect that from an internal combustion engine that has been running.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Yep - the thing I didn't really think about was when I was looking at the machine I could see how the tire was "wearing" and exactly how it was contacting the road by the heat signature (center of the tire about ⅔-¾ of the tread)

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I would be willing to bet if someone would offer a slip on exhaust to get rid of the catalyst, it would improve the "hot seat" issue... The exhaust seems to be extremely hot - even compared to other atv's and motorcycles I have/had. It's crazy how hot the exhaust is even after the engine has been shut off for a few minutes.

Maybe there is a way to improve airflow under the seat to keep air moving from front to back...hmmm...

Reactions: Gem99Ultra
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
So maybe that's what the seemingly silly holes in the doors are about? If you lived in warm climate you could attach air scoops to the doors holes to get more circulation... I should cardboard and duct tape those closed to see what happens.

jrc

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Easy enough to try! You'll have the first P500 with A/C - LOL

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm also considering cutting some vents in the area behind where your legs are. I think if air could flow in it would keep the area under the seat cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Could always mount a small waterproof fan under there and have it switched - that way if you are in the hills or pushing the machine hard you could easily increase air flow.

Reactions: ehart814

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!