P500 Thinking about selling my P500.

P

PNWGuy

Not a hater and I still love my little machine. But the shortcomings are getting more glaring.

I bought mine brand new in 2018 for $9700 because I wanted a machine that I could accommodate two people on, plus have my large lab/Great Dane mix ride on the back, that could get around gates, and still go on the USFS 50" restricted ATV trails in the area.

My previous machine was a Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV that I bought new in 2001 and lost in a divorce. Wanted a UTV so I could have my girlfriend ride along.

Well, my dog never did agree to ride on the back, and my girlfriend finally admitted that she hates riding in the P500 due to how jarring and noisy it is and would much rather have her own machine.

My brother just bought a brand new Yamaha Kodiak 450 with all the bells and whistles for $7500. I drove it and forgot just how much I loved riding them. Much more comfortable, with much more capability off-road, and much more stable feeling on obstacles.

So, thinking about selling the P500 and getting a Kodiak. Girlfriend says she will buy her own.

But, My trailer was purchased just for the P500 and is perfectly set up for camping. No way will it work for two ATV. So, would have to buy a new trailer. Would likely buy a used cargo trailer and install some fold down camping gear inside and use it as a crude RV.

Trying to figure out what a loaded up and mint low-mileage P500 is worth. I believe I have around 400 miles on it and it's never been damaged or abused.

HN T20PDRuG7ND67A Tf Q

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Whats the trailer look like?

Reactions: J80
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well, my dog never did agree to ride on the back, and my girlfriend finally admitted that she hates riding in the P500 due to how jarring and noisy it is and would much rather have her own machine

These are issues that can be dealt with so I wouldn't go as far as saying it's "loaded up". The machines that give you the plush ride cost a lot more than what you paid and won't fit on the 50" trails. There's an $85 fix for the noise/heat/dust. Won't eliminate it but helps a lot. Don't know what size wheels and tires you went with, they're possibly not helping the situation. Aftermarket shocks will help with the ride too. There are also solutions for carrying your buddy in the back.
Maybe this machine still wouldn't be for you even with the upgrades, that's a personal thing.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably somewhat regional but my buddy just bought a 2019 that was VERY well equipped (bumpers, skids, winch, roof, custom box/bed, wheels/tires brand new and windshield the whole 9) with about 200 miles on it for $9200 with a 5x10 trailer. We are in Ohio. I didn't think it was hateful as the dealers won't come off of one around here at this time.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I think the tires are grossly adding to the "horrible" ride, but if you are set on selling the unit, then be patient because not everyone will like the "loaded up" unit.

Reactions: dnjones161 and J80
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I know I love my p500 but everyone is different so just do what makes ya happy and I’m sure you will be able to sell that machine especially with the shortages of sxs’s at the dealerships right now. You probably could get premium price right now to.

Reactions: Mudwing and trigger