P500 Thoughts and comments on this

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Gaining some concern over this as I never noticed it before until I went to change out the rear fluids. I noticed and oily spot right by this "crack" the other day and the more I looked at it I see scratches and cracks all over the side. Would anyone else take it back and have them look at it?

IMG 0072 IMG 0073 IMG 0074 IMG 0075

J

Jshell3

Gaining some concern over this as I never noticed it before until I went to change out the rear fluids. I noticed and oily spot right by this "crack" the other day and the more I looked at it I see scratches and cracks all over the side. Would anyone else take it back and have them look at it?

View attachment 42514 View attachment 42515 View attachment 42516 View attachment 42517
That stuff is just Cast, I suppose it can crack. I remember mine having the gouge lines, but no cracking.
So, I don't know. I'd watch it like a hawk for sure. Hopefully, it's nothing.

Reactions: Little_g
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That stuff is just Cast, I suppose it can crack. I remember mine having the gouge lines, but no cracking.
So, I don't know. I'd watch it like a hawk for sure. Hopefully, it's nothing.
The second pic by that gouge line is where I've been noticing the oil spot. I will for sure keep a good eye on it. Going for a ride this weekend and will see what happens after. Hopefully nothing but my luck it will be something lol. If it has to go back then so be it I have another machine to ride but alway fun to take the new one out.

Reactions: Jshell3
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the good news. Never noticed it like this on my 15. Thanks guys!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Here's my 2017 at over 600 miles.

IMG 3953

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!