P1000 Time for new tires, looking for inputs

C

Crwh45

Nov 3, 2016
Greene, N.Y.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Howdy boys and gals, I just spent several hours combing thru the forum, looking for different tire/rim size combos for a stock P1000/5 Deluxe setup, and I don't know if it is the lack of sleep, the drinking (slightly because I am at work running some machines while I gave all my employees the day off), or the fact that it's the 4th of July, but I am finding an absurd amount of info, but mainly for lifted machines with different A-Arms. I've been out of the "aftermarket" building game for a while, since I gave up my 700XX which I did a metric but ton to, and never changed anything else out besides on my race 450's, but that was easy as I been doing that for a while. Seeing this is my first SXS, I've been pondering this good ol' website here trying to find info.
I have the deluxe one, and over the winter sliced one of the big horns pretty bad, to the point where I had 9 plugs in it, haha, and the fiancé just went and bought me a new one to replace it. Well riding some yesterday and tear open another one and got 3 plugs in it. So now I decided it's finally time for some new tires. I do some moderate riding, mainly trails, go to WV once a year riding, so looking more for a tire to handle everyday scenarios. On my outlander 1000, I had the Interco Radial Reptile, which were awesome in the mud, but considering my outlander blew the rear differential twice in the first 7 hours of riding it, I babied the hell out of the machine for 1500 miles always afraid it'd blow. Which is why I went back to Honda. Now those tires weren't bad, wore pretty quick though because of the soft rubber, but they did go thru some nasty crap. On my fiancés Rancher, she put the Sedona RipSaws on, which are amazing for her, she loves them, goes anywhere she wants, and they haven't shown a single sign of wear. I was thinking of those or the Sedona Rock-A-Billy, but no idea how they'd handle or hold up given all of the weight of the P1K5.
Any inputs on different tires? I used to be all into mudding and getting dirty, now I'm more into sight seeing and having the longevity of my machine run forever, which is why I bought another HONDA. Now how about the max tiresize you can go with a stock setup? I was looking at the fox shocks for it (they frigging came out with the LE model 1 week after I bought this), but I wasn't really looking to lift it or anything. Just more of a ride quality with the shocks, as I do a lot of work around the homestead with it.
So max tire size/width for stock suspension/a-arms (are the 14" wheels the same size both front and back on the deluxe models? Or is the front wheel slightly skinner like on the quads?) I was looking to go up a size or two just for a little more clearance and for the sex appeal of it.

I appreciate any and all help, and if you guys are near upstate NY (Binghamton area), I'll buy you a beer or two for your patience.
Thanks,
Chuck

C

Crwh45

Nov 3, 2016
Greene, N.Y.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also, I was looking to do the same size front and rear so if I had to change them out, so same width would be nice so when I get a spare.

Reactions: sharp
C

claay

Aug 6, 2017
timmins
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Howdy boys and gals, I just spent several hours combing thru the forum, looking for different tire/rim size combos for a stock P1000/5 Deluxe setup, and I don't know if it is the lack of sleep, the drinking (slightly because I am at work running some machines while I gave all my employees the day off), or the fact that it's the 4th of July, but I am finding an absurd amount of info, but mainly for lifted machines with different A-Arms. I've been out of the "aftermarket" building game for a while, since I gave up my 700XX which I did a metric but ton to, and never changed anything else out besides on my race 450's, but that was easy as I been doing that for a while. Seeing this is my first SXS, I've been pondering this good ol' website here trying to find info.
I have the deluxe one, and over the winter sliced one of the big horns pretty bad, to the point where I had 9 plugs in it, haha, and the fiancé just went and bought me a new one to replace it. Well riding some yesterday and tear open another one and got 3 plugs in it. So now I decided it's finally time for some new tires. I do some moderate riding, mainly trails, go to WV once a year riding, so looking more for a tire to handle everyday scenarios. On my outlander 1000, I had the Interco Radial Reptile, which were awesome in the mud, but considering my outlander blew the rear differential twice in the first 7 hours of riding it, I babied the hell out of the machine for 1500 miles always afraid it'd blow. Which is why I went back to Honda. Now those tires weren't bad, wore pretty quick though because of the soft rubber, but they did go thru some nasty crap. On my fiancés Rancher, she put the Sedona RipSaws on, which are amazing for her, she loves them, goes anywhere she wants, and they haven't shown a single sign of wear. I was thinking of those or the Sedona Rock-A-Billy, but no idea how they'd handle or hold up given all of the weight of the P1K5.
Any inputs on different tires? I used to be all into mudding and getting dirty, now I'm more into sight seeing and having the longevity of my machine run forever, which is why I bought another HONDA. Now how about the max tiresize you can go with a stock setup? I was looking at the fox shocks for it (they frigging came out with the LE model 1 week after I bought this), but I wasn't really looking to lift it or anything. Just more of a ride quality with the shocks, as I do a lot of work around the homestead with it.
So max tire size/width for stock suspension/a-arms (are the 14" wheels the same size both front and back on the deluxe models? Or is the front wheel slightly skinner like on the quads?) I was looking to go up a size or two just for a little more clearance and for the sex appeal of it.

I appreciate any and all help, and if you guys are near upstate NY (Binghamton area), I'll buy you a beer or two for your patience.
Thanks,
Chuck
I recommend you stay stock tiers iv got 29.5 terminator and burnt 2 clutch in less then 300 miles so I'm going back to stock tell tis is figured out

Reactions: pct and Delton
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I recommend you stay stock tiers iv got 29.5 terminator and burnt 2 clutch in less then 300 miles so I'm going back to stock tell tis is figured out
I went stock size even width if I get a spare it will be the front size because of the weight and takes up less storage area. All because of the clutch issues.

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just did the 28x10x14 Tensor Regulators they are a little bigger then stock not alot

Reactions: Manjackbaja
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I ride mostly trails and a little creek riding, not over a foot or two deep and Mississippi type gravel and sand. I have a P1k-3 EPS. Went with 28-9-14 and 28-11-14 Big Horns and I love them. The Rhino has 27 inch Pitbull Growlers which are a little more aggressive but both are great.

BigMac

BigMac

Sep 22, 2015
Ownership

1. 700-2
I ride mostly trails and a little creek riding, not over a foot or two deep and Mississippi type gravel and sand. I have a P1k-3 EPS. Went with 28-9-14 and 28-11-14 Big Horns and I love them. The Rhino has 27 inch Pitbull Growlers which are a little more aggressive but both are great.
Mopower
Thinking about 2021 1000-5 LE noticed stock tires on new one are 27 9/14 and 27 11/14 : 2.0 radial big horns say 4 ply on sidewalls. Wondering how they will hold up pastures and crop fields. I was getting many flats on all stock tires due to punctures, thorns? on my 2016 P700. I do not need performance tires just some mud rocks and creeks. Am I going to need to replace them like my soft 700 tires or will they work?
thanks

advertisement
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Mopower
Thinking about 2021 1000-5 LE noticed stock tires on new one are 27 9/14 and 27 11/14 : 2.0 radial big horns say 4 ply on sidewalls. Wondering how they will hold up pastures and crop fields. I was getting many flats on all stock tires due to punctures, thorns? on my 2016 P700. I do not need performance tires just some mud rocks and creeks. Am I going to need to replace them like my soft 700 tires or will they work?
thanks
View attachment 241579
I think you'll be fine. If you're worried about thorns, add some tire slime/flat-out/etc to them and you'll be good to go. They aren't bad tires if you aren't riding rocky terrain or trekking through the woods blazing trails.

Reactions: JenElio and TripleB
D

Dwpate

Feb 2, 2021
Waycross
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you have to put any lift in with the 29.5s? I'm thinking about going with the same size on my 2020 1000. I've heard They fixed the clutch problem since 2017? Not sure tho. Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!