P1000 Tire and Wheel Help, For My Mom

C

Cestratton

Jun 22, 2021
Harrison, AR
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My Mom and her husband just bought a repoed Pioneer 1000 3 seater that has a set of Highlifter Outlaws in 28x9.5x14 front and 28x11x14 rear on aftermarket wheels. I told her she does not want or need those tires, I've been there and done that on a Rancher. She's 5 hours away from me and they don't know what wheel width and offset they have until they pull them and hopefully that info will be inside the wheel correct? If I had to guess I'd say probably 14x8 but don't know. They're going to take it out this weekend but I told her those tires are good for one thing and one thing only, they're heavy which is robbing power, and they will beat the machine to death with the riding they will be doing. So what's a good tire and size for her? Will be South Arkansas dirt trails, little gravel, clay, sand, some road. I recommend Big Horn or Terrabites. Any other suggestions for tires and size? Thinking they can just stick with the size they have just different tires.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
14x7 is the most common aftermarket wheel. If I was betting... that's what I would expect them to have.
With that said, your recommendation of big horns or terabytes sounds perfect.
28x10x14 on all 4
Or
9 on front and 11 rears.

But, kinda need the wheel info.
May need rear spacers to even out track.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
C

Cestratton

Jun 22, 2021
Harrison, AR
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
14x7 is the most common aftermarket wheel. If I was betting... that's what I would expect them to have.
With that said, your recommendation of big horns or terabytes sounds perfect.
28x10x14 on all 4
Or
9 on front and 11 rears.

But, kinda need the wheel info.
May need rear spacers to even out track.
Texted her husband this morning and I think he's looking at going 28x10 all the way around. He asked me about Sunf A047 which I have never heard of but looks decent and reasonably priced.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Texted her husband this morning and I think he's looking at going 28x10 all the way around. He asked me about Sunf A047 which I have never heard of but looks decent and reasonably priced.

I got 600 miles out of the sunf complete waste of $ spend the extra few bucks and get trilobites or terrabites off RMATV

Reactions: Lady01
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’d stay away from bighorns, terrabites would be a good option, I run Maxxis rampages in 30’s.

Also note, if running the same tire all the way around and if they have aftermarket wheels to make sure they have a 1” wheel spacer for the rears or they will not be as wide as the fronts.

Reactions: Lady01 and Lochsa88
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
My Mom and her husband just bought a repoed Pioneer 1000 3 seater that has a set of Highlifter Outlaws in 28x9.5x14 front and 28x11x14 rear on aftermarket wheels. I told her she does not want or need those tires, I've been there and done that on a Rancher. She's 5 hours away from me and they don't know what wheel width and offset they have until they pull them and hopefully that info will be inside the wheel correct? If I had to guess I'd say probably 14x8 but don't know. They're going to take it out this weekend but I told her those tires are good for one thing and one thing only, they're heavy which is robbing power, and they will beat the machine to death with the riding they will be doing. So what's a good tire and size for her? Will be South Arkansas dirt trails, little gravel, clay, sand, some road. I recommend Big Horn or Terrabites. Any other suggestions for tires and size? Thinking they can just stick with the size they have just different tires.

Round profile tires will make for easier steering and lighter bump steer.

Black water evolutions come to mind.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Suggest your mom or her husband send close-up digital photos of their tires and wheels from facing the wheels and also from the tread perspective.

Some of the members here will recognize and be able to name them for you.

C

Cestratton

Jun 22, 2021
Harrison, AR
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
He sent a picture of the wheels, they're Can Am wheels.

Imagejpeg 03