P1000 Tire Choice

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Getting ready to purchase new tires for my machine P-1000, my short list is between the 28-10-14 Tusk Terrabites and the Interco Sniper. I don't typically get into a lot of mud here in N/E Cali. but plenty of rock. I guess my only concern with the Terrabites is getting through 6"-10" snow.

Opinions and or first hand experience are appreciated .....

Reactions: Backwoods
onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Muddy

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah, if we regularly got the kind of snow we had this last winter tracks would be a must (and bad a$$) for getting around. From what iv'e read "through the search bar, for the search bar cops" most everyone that runs the terrabites likes them well enough for their use, the Snipers have a more open type tread and are a bit more aggressive looking. Really trying to get some feedback on the Snipers ......

Reactions: Coeus
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry, i typed tracks and got pulled away.

Any tire as long as its an aggressive tread is gonna “help” in snow. Now sow is a rather deep subject get it? 🤣 Seriously, it all depends on hard pack or powder and weight in buggy as to how you will perform.
Id put in 4 lock regardless and go slow and hope for the best cuz you just dont know. Thats what I do at my cabin but im not driving in it often enough. If I was, Id buy tracks and all the above is out of the equation.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah, if we regularly got the kind of snow we had this last winter tracks would be a must (and bad a$$) for getting around. From what iv'e read "through the search bar, for the search bar cops" most everyone that runs the terrabites likes them well enough for their use, the Snipers have a more open type tread and are a bit more aggressive looking. Really trying to get some feedback on the Snipers ......
Never really seen snipers on here much at all.
Like i said, a large lug as wide as you can get is your key to snow. I personally dont like Terabites for reasons I can write a book about, boor and piss folks off lol.
I like my maxis carnivores on my Talon, they have a wide lug and my good ole LT/MT tires on my P1 no issues there in the snow. But again, all depends on the snow environment. What one says and another says are gonna be quite different.

Reactions: Backwoods and CID
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry, i typed tracks and got pulled away.

Any tire as long as its an aggressive tread is gonna “help” in snow. Now sow is a rather deep subject get it? 🤣 Seriously, it all depends on hard pack or powder and weight in buggy as to how you will perform.
Id put in 4 lock regardless and go slow and hope for the best cuz you just dont know. Thats what I do at my cabin but im not driving in it often enough. If I was, Id buy tracks and all the above is out of the equation.
Yeah , i hear ya for sure. If i had to rate the type of stuff i generally ride in .. it would be ..

75 - 80% hard pack / rocky desert type stuff
10 - 15% desert gumbo muddy $hit
10 - 15% snow

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
75 - 80% hard pack
That much hard pack snow! Be careful! There really isnt any tire to recommend went you spin in hard pack by tracks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!