Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Went to a Honda dealer yesterday and they had NO Honda SXS's. My usual contact there from whom I bought a 1250 Bandit back in the Spring suggested there would be plenty of Pioneers in next February or probably before May. In the mean time, I should test drive a CanAm 1000cc hot rod that is 50" wide and will get thru the USFS gates and it has almost twice as much HP as the 700 Pioneer and the seats are a lot more comfortable. Well, that piqued the interest of the mother of most of my kids and she sat down and immediately fell in love with those seats. OK...I got in too and found them to resemble Mustang GT seats from far back in my motoring past. Salesman handed me a helmet and his helper took the cute little blue SxS outside for a test drive. Following a little warmup and a walkaround in the parking lot I took off in the skinny little CanAm Maverick. Damn, this thing is fast and corners like a Jag X car. The thing is really cool and only $2k more than the Pioneer 700-2. I had a hard time convincing myself I should return to the front door where the salesman was waiting. Handled really well and it was only $2K more that the 700-2...one major thing turned me off...CVT transmission belt whined loudly and it started in a very jerky fashion in HIGH range and was even worse in LOW range...just like the Chinese copies I had ridden. My wife volunteered her opinion which was...I like those seats...but do what you want. So, We went to another Honda dealer who had just gotten a shipment of Pioneer 1000's and a couple 700-2's so I bought the stripped 700 and brought it home this morning....there, I did it. Yes, I'll be a paid member as soon as my bank account recovers from the shock. Happy to join you folks!!
welcome from Ohio, can't go wrong with a HONDA.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!