Tool Box Storage

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Wanted to make use of the open cavity under the hood. Looked for and found a small inexpensive tool box made my Stanley ( Somewhere in China ) that would carry some essentials. Basically, a flat head and phillips driver, a crescent wrench, channel locks, tire plug kit, electrical tape, fuses, and a large snatch block. Wasn't going to do major repairs out in the field, but just a few basic tools.

Took some thin flat bar bought at home depot, heated it to make the bends and drilled out some mounting holes on the two square tubes. Bolted down the rear side and up front bolted it down with eye bolts. Ran a bungee cord around the vertical frame and back to the eye bolts.

Works for me!

Image1 9

Image4 4

Image5 5

Image2 7

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice work bigriver. Fairly simple design and you can remove it fast. Something I am going to have to look into.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Nice work. I was considering that space too……until I discovered my heater is going to use that cavity. I currently just keep a small tool bag and a tow rope on one of the foot wells for the rear seat. Funny how precocious a small space is…..or how much we would appreciate a built-in tool box.

G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013
Whoever develops the first worth a hoot aftermarket storage box will sell a run of them quick.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
What I like about my design is that I can remove it for accessing what ever is in it, it didn't cost much to put together and it ain't going anywhere.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Nice job BigRiver, I think I'll copy your idea. Was wondering where to place your contractor for the winch?

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wanted to make use of the open cavity under the hood. Looked for and found a small inexpensive tool box made my Stanley ( Somewhere in China ) that would carry some essentials. Basically, a flat head and phillips driver, a crescent wrench, channel locks, tire plug kit, electrical tape, fuses, and a large snatch block. Wasn't going to do major repairs out in the field, but just a few basic tools.

Took some thin flat bar bought at home depot, heated it to make the bends and drilled out some mounting holes on the two square tubes. Bolted down the rear side and up front bolted it down with eye bolts. Ran a bungee cord around the vertical frame and back to the eye bolts.

Works for me!

View attachment 32966

View attachment 32967

View attachment 32968

View attachment 32969
What are the dimensions of the box?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good use of space. I like it.

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014

Works for me!

View attachment 32966

View attachment 32967

View attachment 32968

View attachment 32969

Gator,,that be it...thanks longbeards wv
What are the dimensions of the box?

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Works for me!

View attachment 32966

View attachment 32967

View attachment 32968

View attachment 32969
That's a great idea!

D

DirtDigger

Sep 3, 2018
Reidsville NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here is my version of the tool box rack. I also ran zip ties through the plastic clamps to prevent any rattle. Cut outs in front for access to fluid reservoirs. This is one of those closet racks I had a section left over from Lowes.

20180906 123657

D

DirtDigger

Sep 3, 2018
Reidsville NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I went with the 13 inch hyper tough tool box from walmart $4. I liked the matching colors

20180909 185812

Reactions: speedy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!