P1000 Towing backwards on an open trailer

M

Markbama

Nov 27, 2015
Millbrook AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All,

Anyone tow their pioneer on an open trailer backwards, I have a hard mid panel and a windshield and hard top. Just wondering what I am risking...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If it's Honda glass windshield then no problem. We've towed without the hard panel just fine. Hard panel wouldn't care. Not sure about the other front windows.

Reactions: Markbama
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm not positive then on that one (ours is one piece) but I'd assume if it was open you'd be fine.
Someone with a two piece for advise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the Honda two piece hard coat windshield and tow my 1000 loaded backwards without any problems, I do tilt the window open though. Cant help on the rear window though.

M

Markbama

Nov 27, 2015
Millbrook AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Honda two piece hard coat windshield and tow my 1000 loaded backwards without any problems, I do tilt the window open though. Cant help on the rear window though.

OK thanks for the info...the mid panel does have a slider I can open...maybe that will help

Reactions: CumminsPusher
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OK thanks for the info...the mid panel does have a slider I can open...maybe that will help

I think if you open the slider you'll be fine.

Is your rear window from Honda? I'm going to have to put something on mine. Like a lot of the country it's bad dry here and even with the front window open I get covered with dust. No way I could ride it with a solid front window or a split window open.

M

Markbama

Nov 27, 2015
Millbrook AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think if you open the slider you'll be fine.

Is your rear window from Honda? I'm going to have to put something on mine. Like a lot of the country it's bad dry here and even with the front window open I get covered with dust. No way I could ride it with a solid front window or a split window open.

Yeah I had the soft panel and I didn't like it so I got the hard mid panel....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!