P1000 Tractors vs P1000 to plow

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For those that own both whats the threshold of the honda before you switch to tractor? I realize every area has there own situation but just address what you experience

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the P1K5 with 72" Denali plow. I also have a Kubota L3301 with loader. The deepest snows I messed with were around 4 inches on the ground at a time. I have a longish driveway. Hands down the pioneer wins. The speed of the pioneer versus tractor outweigh any need for me to switch to the tractor. If the pioneer gets too much bulk I just push it over as far as I can and then line back up and hit the snow again. I set the blade a little slanted and it pushed the snow right out of the way and flung it with ease.

Last edited:
bluemountainbugler

bluemountainbugler

Nov 27, 2020
Walla Walla Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 4067
Can't speak for the tractor....but I got to try out my new plow this year. We were bombarded with a snow session in February and had a total of about 18 inches on the ground in a week. Never slowed down with this. These in my opinion are snow plowing beasts! Plowed in turf mode most of the time.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I use a Kubota BX tractor with Kubota snowplow attachment for snow removal. The Kubota snowplow is hydraulic and quickly lowers or raises or angles from center to right or left from the driver's seat.

I use the Kubota with belly-mount mower deck and front loader for many things around my home. The disadvantage is the Kubota doesn't have a cab, windshield, or heater.

The Honda Pioneer is just for pleasure riding on roads and doesn't need a winch.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
The P1000 is a beast for plowing. I have a Denali 72” with hydro turn. I have at my disposal a 30” like new snowblower, Gehl Skid loader with a 50” bucket (smaller skid) and a IH tractor with a 8’ bucket and a 8’ blower on the back.

The issue is more to do with having the space to push the snow rather than how much the P1000 can push. The P1000 blows the doors off any average tractor with a loader. Especially on the stuff that’s 16” or less deep.

I use my big blower only when the snows and drifting are such I have run out of room to push the pile or that the snow is just that much.

I can clear a drive able path in my 400 yd driveway in 20 mins with my P1k5. Takes me longer to start my blower tractor.

CF874303 02CD 4E0C 9C24 6AD2BCF79A07

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
You can plow up up to 16 inches? Wow
Of the fluffy stuff for sure.

16” of heavy wet stuff is a workout for any snow moving equipment.

If you go with a county plow vs a straight blade you definitely can move the snow as gets rolled over 3 or 4 feet as it leaves the big side if you are going fast enough.

you can move big drifts by leading with the big side to chip away at the drift and making multiple passes.

The snow has to be very hard before you won’t be able to move it.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Boomer 46 with cab and CVT I would say does a better job than the Honda. It can push snow fast, and change directions fast, and the loader goes up and down faster than my winch can raise the plow on the Honda. And you can make huge piles of snow if needed. If a heated cab is an option, that's what I'm going to use. No cab? I'll use the Honda.

advertisement
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got a half mile long dirt driveway in New Hampshire. It would take me half a day to clean up after a storm with my kubota L4600. Maybe an hour and a half with the Honda & 72” KFI plow. 45 min with f250 & 8 foot fisher.

Reactions: Rick53 and Lady01
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This is actually a loaded question imo. Theres a variety of tractors used out there. Hard to pin point the pioneer against “tractors” unless its a specific one in general. I dont have a plow on my pioneer, i have one on my 8N and my truck. If i had one on the pioneer, my truck and its V plow would out plow it all day. My 8N is good for lite stuff and the pioneer would out plow it. My buddys Kabota out plows is pioneer. So I think it all boils down to wants vrs needs in this situation.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
This is actually a loaded question imo. Theres a variety of tractors used out there. Hard to pin point the pioneer against “tractors” unless its a specific one in general. I dont have a plow on my pioneer, i have one on my 8N and my truck. If i had one on the pioneer, my truck and its V plow would out plow it all day. My 8N is good for lite stuff and the pioneer would out plow it. My buddys Kabota out plows is pioneer. So I think it all boils down to wants vrs needs in this situation.
For sure it’s a loaded question.

I was shocked at how much snow the P1k5 can move. I’m only on my second winter using my plow and it’s crazy fast.

if I need to get to work fast, I can make a run up and down my driveway way very fast and push piles up to 4’ high.

If you already have the pioneer, but no tractor, a plow is pretty effective and cheap by comparison.

Last edited:
K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Theres always somebody that needs to be told specifically what to compare to or the info means nothing. Of course theres all different scenarios. All anyone can expect is what is YOUR personal experience

• Dislike
Reactions: Rick53 and Lady01
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Theres always somebody that needs to be told specifically what to compare to or the info means nothing. Of course theres all different scenarios. All anyone can expect is what is YOUR personal experience
To Whom are u directing that to?
asking for a friend.

Reactions: Lady01
bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don’t have a tractor but got a 72” plow on my pioneer and it makes quick work of my driveway, even deep stuff. I have kanati mongrels so not real aggressive tires. Driveway is about 100’ run uphill and leads into about a 30’x50’ gravel area. Cab and stereo makes me almost look forward to waking up at 4am to clear it...almost. Only thing that kind of sucks is getting out to change plow angle but not that big of a deal.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Definitely wants vs needs and also hugely dependent on what size/type area needs to be cleared and average snowfall in the area.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!