P500 Trail improvement + water drainage

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Day of med rain. At far end large drain pipe under road to lower ground. Pics of area and what i have been using to clear. Use for tree/log maneuvering to improve trail. My thoughts anyway. My Dad had a Ford 9N Tractor ,I remember seeing back wheels spinning at times using back blade. Front locker in my upgrade plan ,but not near future. Opinions on: 1. Am I asking to much for P520 1 1/4 system 2. pulling trigger now or wait for front locker. Download Dredger20220301 171951 resized 220220301 173206 resized 1

Reactions: Smitty335
waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
UPDATE. One more click and found many more options. Now question , any recommended ? I'm Looking at these on amazonAmazon com MotoAlliance Impact Implements Pro 3 Position Blade w Box Ends for ATV UTV with 2 RAmazon com MotoAlliance Impact Implements Pro 3 Position Blade w Box Ends for ATV UTV with 2 RAmazon com MotoAlliance Impact Implements Pro 3 Position Blade w Box Ends for ATV UTV with 2 R

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Day of med rain. At far end large drain pipe under road to lower ground. Pics of area and what i have been using to clear. Use for tree/log maneuvering to improve trail. My thoughts anyway. My Dad had a Ford 9N Tractor ,I remember seeing back wheels spinning at times using back blade. Front locker in my upgrade plan ,but not near future. Opinions on: 1. Am I asking to much for P520 1 1/4 system 2. pulling trigger now or wait for front locker.View attachment 325108View attachment 325109View attachment 325110
Opps ! my bad! Premature trigger pull...

Reactions: Smitty335
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I recall, this might be model specific.
When you start adding down pressure to the implement to dig into the ground, it tends to bend the trailer hitch mount.
This MAY only be 1000 specific, or 16/17 1000 specific before Honda made changes to the trailer hitch.

If you are using an aftermarket 2" hitch on your machine, you may get away with it.

I wouldn't trust the factory hitch on any Honda to withstand the down pressure from an implement. You may be ok with the box blade if not using it to scrap.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When you start adding down pressure to the implement to dig into the ground, it tends to bend the trailer hitch mount.
This MAY only be 1000 specific, or 16/17 1000 specific before Honda made changes to the trailer hitch.

If you are using an aftermarket 2" hitch on your machine, you may get away with it.

I wouldn't trust the factory hitch on any Honda to withstand the down pressure from an implement. You may be ok with the box blade if not using it to scrap.
I know the hitch was a problem on the 700 and early 1000's. Not sure about the 500

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520

Thanks Very Good point, Forum member aids again ! blade to keep clear waterway , with crank down (my strength) pressure , I won't need to worry about "wheelie' like the 9N and I'll stay with chainsaw,chains and straps for logs. Will also check with local dealer what people are using in these parts

Last edited:
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Try doing a search other earlier posts have <> Pctures of the Damage
Others reported pulling 11/4 receive right out & off the P500 & P700 FRAME while pulling simular & or same <> Rakes <> Disc <> Back Bkade <> to grade

Add 2in. Receiver ( help with frame strength )

Torq-loc are great & I have one .
Good luck .

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Try doing a search other earlier posts have <> Pctures of the Damage
Others reported pulling 11/4 receive right out & off the P500 & P700 FRAME while pulling simular & or same <> Rakes <> Disc <> Back Bkade <> to grade

Add 2in. Receiver ( help with frame strength )

Torq-loc are great & I have one .
Good luck .
Mmm time to regroup, rethink and research I believe

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yeah don't use any of that without the hitch upgrade. I pulled a lot with my 500 but never any real ground engaging tools like that.

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Day of med rain. At far end large drain pipe under road to lower ground. Pics of area and what i have been using to clear. Use for tree/log maneuvering to improve trail. My thoughts anyway. My Dad had a Ford 9N Tractor ,I remember seeing back wheels spinning at times using back blade. Front locker in my upgrade plan ,but not near future. Opinions on: 1. Am I asking to much for P520 1 1/4 system 2. pulling trigger now or wait for front locker.View attachment 325108View attachment 325109View attachment 325110
The mooSe or similar hitch is a must I use the Ground Hog to plow and the hitch works very well. I would think it would be okay for what your wanting to do. Keep us updated in interested in how the lifting attachment preforms.

advertisement
waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
I feel like lately we have been pooping on every idea you have.
Apologies for that. In the end though, I think we are saving you some money.
I have nothing but Appreciation to ALL comments. Unless I hit some type of cap or get a smackdown, I plan to continue to Post and ask opinions. While I have knowledge in some areas, this is not one of them. So I guess , Happy Pooping!

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
UPDATE. One more click and found many more options. Now question , any recommended ? I'm Looking at these on amazonView attachment 325112View attachment 325113View attachment 325114

This topic has come up a few times before.... In a nutshell, these items are better at emptying your wallet than they are at performing their "intended" task.

A. If you have a buddy with a tractor/skidsteer with proper attachments buy him some beer or help him do something....
B. Rent a tractor/skidsteer with proper attachments
C. Check craigslist or evil facebook for a guy who likes to use his tractor/skidsteer to help people and put towards his beer fund. You might make a friend.

I've never asked my sxs to do what tractors/skidsteers are designed to do.

Yeah forum search engines can be hit or miss sometimes. Keep digging though, sometimes you get lucky! ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!