Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trailer wiring is the worst of all wiring imo.

Cheap splice connectors, usually not even protected, wire pulled thru pipes that get full of gravel and debris. Lots of time the pipes themselves wear holes in the wiring.

Un protected loose exposed brake wires that always get ripped off at the axel flange plate ect.

When I get a new trailer I always cut out the cheapo splices, add many feet of loom and try to cover as much of all the exposed wires as possible.

On any wires going into a metal tube, I try to get the loom into the pipe a few inches then hit the ends with silicone sealant to seal up the tube, keep the debris out, and keep the wires from moving.

After this repair/ treatment I almost never have any trailer problems

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!