P500 Trailer for p500 and rancher

M

Moss

Feb 16, 2016
MI
Hey all....Just bought my new pioneer 500 and love it . My question is there anyone here who pulls the p500 and a 2010 rancher ? I need to get a new trailer and don't know the size that I should get ...7x14 is what I was thinking but 7x12 would be cheaper...

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hey all....Just bought my new pioneer 500 and love it . My question is there anyone here who pulls the p500 and a 2010 rancher ? I need to get a new trailer and don't know the size that I should get ...7x14 is what I was thinking but 7x12 would be cheaper...
Welcome to the club and congratulations on your new ride, just keep in mind when buying a trailer very few people complain about having to much room on it.It usually that they don't have enough.

Reactions: Tflynn
sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
I've got a 14 ft trailer I haul my 500 on. When I bought it I thought I could haul the 500 and my 2007 420 Rancher on it. It likes about 6 inches being long enough to load both and close the tailgate. Mine has the 4ft high tailgate that doubles as a loading ramp. A trailer without a tailgate might work, but the 500 and Rancher would still have to be touching, I'd think, to get them both on. You really need a 16 ft trailer to haul both, unless you have a trailer wide enough to load the Rancher on sideways.

I've thought about building a set of ramps on the front of the trailer to run the Rancher up on, to where it's front wheels would be on top of the front rail of the trailes to get the 500 on behind it. Haven't tried it yet though.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure where you're located, with two I'd try and get a fully enclosed or high enough sides to pull a tarp over. Where I live winter hauling, salt sand/gravel is used on the highways and this raised hell in developing rust, when pulling gear on a trailer. The other thing to consider with a deck trailer will you ever be pulling an ATV/UTV trailer, as noted above more room is better more often than not.

jrc

M

Moss

Feb 16, 2016
MI
Thanks for the replies ....I was looking at the trailers that had the gate on the back and then I would load the the rancher in the front sideways with the the ramp rails

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Thanks for the replies ....I was looking at the trailers that had the gate on the back and then I would load the the rancher in the front sideways with the the ramp rails
Going to need a 16 ft

I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I've got a model 1288 PJ trailer, which measures 12 feet long, 88 inches wide. It has ramps built into the rails, and I side-load my '05 Rancher and rear-load my P500 with plenty of room.

Reactions: SBuckJ
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
How about hooking a trailer to a trailer is that legal ? I am partially kidding. Also remember weight distribution where the axel is at will play a big part in this. The nice thing about a slightly larger trailer is you can move the weight around some. This will help to balance and get a nice tongue weight which will keep the trailer from getting squirrelly. Better to have a little extra weight on the tongue than not enough but don't over load what the vehicle can handle.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I'm in the same boat...if the 500 is less than 10ft long and the Rancher is 44" wide, why is 14' not long enough? Not starting anything, just wondering...

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I can picture it now a huge diesel hauling a convoy of three trailers loaded with quads and sxs. If it is even remotely legal I think I would have saw that by now. I went to a poker (Ramey) run with some friends and we had a big diesel with huge trailer I think two sxs rzr xp four ATVs and a few dirt bikes it was loaded but nothing for the truck to haul.

advertisement
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I'm in the same boat...if the 500 is less than 10ft long and the Rancher is 44" wide, why is 14' not long enough? Not starting anything, just wondering...
12' would work even. Be sure it is wide enough and you can side load the atv. Weight distribution might be an issue you might need the p500 up front and atv in rear I don't know. Just be sure of the actual usable size some times the measurement is the outside and you would need to account for rails and gate etc.

F

f4enut

Jan 19, 2016
Orem Utah
Ownership

1. 500
12' would work even. Be sure it is wide enough and you can side load the atv. Weight distribution might be an issue you might need the p500 up front and atv in rear I don't know. Just be sure of the actual usable size some times the measurement is the outside and you would need to account for rails and gate etc.
What about loading it side'ways along with the Rancher on a trailer that hauls two ATV's sideways? I have not tried it yet but dealer thought that I should be able to do it as the 500 is only 23" inch's longer than a rancher and I have the trailer. This may not work as the 500 is 23" longer than the Rancher. Will have to get out the tape measure and see how wide the trailer is.

Last edited:
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Yes you could side load both but make sure the trailer is wide enough and you have enough space between the wheel well and the front or back of the trailer. Also at a little over 8' wide you will want to make sure the mirrors on the truck are wide enough.

M

Moss

Feb 16, 2016
MI
Thanks for all the replies ....the 7x14 will fit my needs perfect and gives me a bit of room ...

Buckster

Buckster

Aug 9, 2015
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500

That is a very specific question and oddly enough, we have a 2015 P500 and a 2010 Rancher, LOL. We have a 7.5 X 12 trailer with a side gate and a back gate, for loading that we had used to haul 3 ranchers on before we got the P500. We have fit the rancher up front (loads sideways) and the P500 on the back, it fits, but they are touching. That has not been a problem for us. We added a box on the back rack of the P500 that hangs over, it does rub the back gate.

The trailer still has a lot of room for gear.

M

Moss

Feb 16, 2016
MI
That is a very specific question and oddly enough, we have a 2015 P500 and a 2010 Rancher, LOL. We have a 7.5 X 12 trailer with a side gate and a back gate, for loading that we had used to haul 3 ranchers on before we got the P500. We have fit the rancher up front (loads sideways) and the P500 on the back, it fits, but they are touching. That has not been a problem for us. We added a box on the back rack of the P500 that hangs over, it does rub the back gate.

The trailer still has a lot of room for gear.

Hey thanks ....I picked up a 7 x14 and it fits perfectly ....