P500 Transferring plow from 2017 to 2015 and need a winch.

C

caballero59

Oct 26, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I recently picked up a 2017 that was equipped with 54" Warn plow and Warn winch and I'm planning on transferring the plow to my 15. It's a bit confusing regarding exactly what is needed but it appears the OEM plow mount will transfer direcly. However, I still need a winch. I was hoping someone could advise if the following two items are all I would need for a new winch install:

Winch Mount:

Winch:

Thank you for any insights.

Disappointing the plow isn't a 60" or 66" but hopefully the 54" will work.

Scott

Last edited:
Reactions: NTCPrezJB
C

caballero59

Oct 26, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I wouldn't get anything under a 3500lb winch for that machine. That's all I got.

You could be right about that. I haven't tried either size. Suppose I get a 3500, do I have the necessary equipment list, i.e., the winch + mounting kit?

C

caballero59

Oct 26, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I'm planning to leave the winch on the 2017 since it is nice factory install with a toggle switch on the dash. I just need a new winch for the 2015. I already transferred the plow (very easy with the front mount and perfect fit) and tied it up with a strap to do some test plowing. Very substantial feeling compared to my old 300 Fourtrax with a 48" Cycle Country blade.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then yes a winch mount and winch should do it for you. @Hondasxs could set you up with what you need through the site store probably even with a little member discount if you PM him.

Reactions: Mudwing and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!