P500 Transporting

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
In 4wd the p brake is holding the front and rear diff still. You can argue about the open front diff but once you lift a wheel you have other problems.

Neutral is about not damaging the transmission gears. It’s not that hard on the gears but why push it. Concern is that rocking back and forth on one gear tooth it may damage one spot after 100,000 miles in the back of your truck.
I think this makes the most sense......to myself anyways. So thanks.

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I put Erickson 09160 Wheel Chock Tie-Downs on my trailer ( https://www.amazon.com/Erickson-09160-Wheel-Chock-Tie-Down/dp/B015CJICIK/?tag=sxsweb24-20 )
I do leave it in 4wd and in neutral.
Just the 2 tire straps, and one safety strap at the front. It is always in the correct position on the trailer and because the tires are unsprung the straps never loosen.

716bUhtbQ6L AC SL1024
(Not my bike or trailer, just a photo borrowed from Amazon)

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Trailer Dog on the rear ball. Winch to the trailer tongue. Rock solid. In neutral & no parking brake.

Reactions: Morpheus
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I've been told that using the winch cable can put uncessary stress on the sheer pin in the winch. No idea if it's warranted.
I destroyed a winch on an atv once using it as a tie down. It bent the shaft and busted the splines. I don’t use it to tie down any more.

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve used mine on many different units & never had a problem. My Smittybilt winches have been flawless.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!