BOX1

P700 Trapper special

E

EC130

May 7, 2021
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well it finally happened. After more than a year of research and lurking in the background of this site. I have my new Pioneer. As far as goodies go I have the Honda full length hard roof, the hard coat windshield, Honda winch and mounting plate, the bigger front bumper, rear bumper, rear view mirror and the plug and play switch/voltmeter. These I got at the time of purchase. Since I got it home I’ve added 27” bighorns, and 2.5” strong made lift kit. I still want/need a skid plate just trying to decide which one to get. I also installed a kolpin floor mounted gun rack. I made my own mounting bracket to pick up on existing attach points instead of using the self tapping screws into the plastic flooring. I’ve also replaced the halogen headlight bulbs with LED.

The main function for this machine is to use on my trap line in northern Ontario Canada. I’ve got a variety of terrain from gravel roads, sandy hard packed trails, mud, swamp, creek crossings and occasionally snow covered terrain, a 10’ Jon boat (on the roof) and my gear. It will also be used for some joy rides with the family.

Like most people have said “Storage” the lack there of. I will be looking at making some sort of box in front under the “hood” so to speak. I may cut an opening into the rear passenger doors and use some of that space. I’m also looking at making my own version of an under dash storage compartment. With the 2022 model, storage under the driver seat is a challenge as it’s open to the ground under the rubber flap. I’ve seen some YouTube videos of guys cutting an opening on the front side just below the seat to gain access. That’s going to take some time to wrap my head around that one but I like a challenge.

5F769C0D 9FB4 4A26 980C DE0BB2842C75 FCE205EC 96A5 4D5B 9D11 4DE4640B4DFE 7343F7B0 7C52 49C5 9723 2F5AB7FB5EB4

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yup. Gas prices have dropped a little bit. At least it’s finally down below $2 a litre here now. At $10 a beaver pelt and 30 beavers to harvest each year it’s more of a labor of “love” so to speak. Certainly not getting rich from fur.

Are you just a "regular" fur trapper or are you hired by local municipalities to handle nuisance work? I have a nuisance license through Illinois department of natural resources to trap for hire. Rarely use it anymore since it doesn't make much and there's always some swingin dick out there willing to do it for beer money. I mainly maintain the license "just in case" simply because it's extremely hard to acquire here. Very few pass the test.

E

EC130

May 7, 2021
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Are you just a "regular" fur trapper or are you hired by local municipalities to handle nuisance work? I have a nuisance license through Illinois department of natural resources to trap for hire. Rarely use it anymore since it doesn't make much and there's always some swingin dick out there willing to do it for beer money. I mainly maintain the license "just in case" simply because it's extremely hard to acquire here. Very few pass the test.
I have a registered trap line here in the province of Ontario. I am able to do nuisance trapping if I choose too. I usually only take a nuisance beaver call on my own line if any come up during the off season. All registered trap lines in the province have an assigned beaver quota and we must trap at least 70% of the quota. For my line my quota is 30 so I need to harvest 23 beaver each year to keep my line. I also have limits on the number of Martin and Lynx I can harvest. All other fur bearers are at my discretion.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Trapping is becoming a lost art. When I was a kid we trapped Muskrat, Mink, Coon, Fox and one Beaver. Kept us out of trouble and made a little money. The fat fights were the highlight of every evening after skinning was done.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Trapping is becoming a lost art. When I was a kid we trapped Muskrat, Mink, Coon, Fox and one Beaver. Kept us out of trouble and made a little money. The fat fights were the highlight of every evening after skinning was done.

During the 90's here in northern Illinois we'd get $20 for a roadkill coon pelt up to $40 for good trapline pelts. Now they're not worth your time. Roadkill bought a lot of gas and beer.

Friends of mine had a mink ranch....... you've never seen a real fat fight!!! 🤣 There were years when a large male ranch mink pelt would fetch well over $100 (good pastels brought the most) and years that were $70..... Back then a mink would eat a $100 bag of feed before he/she found themselves in the gas cart. We usually worked/helped for fun, beer and food.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!