TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I always thought you wired to thepositive to the OEM battery and the negative to the auxiliary battery?

In using the Warn winch parts with isolator. Now I'm questioning my long held belief.

Thank for any suggestions.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

D

DDDonkey

I have mine wired to the oem battery and it charges both batteries at the same time. Once the oem battery hits a certain voltage the true battery isolator opens up to charge the second battery.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I always thought you wired to thepositive to the OEM battery and the negative to the auxiliary battery?

In using the Warn winch parts with isolator. Now I'm questioning my long held belief.

Thank for any suggestions.

This is for a battery wired in series and very important for those setups.

But for our machines they are in parallel.
With most isolators. It charges the one, then charges the second.
So hook both + and - to one battery.

Yet. Depending on how your grounds are run, it may still charge them both if wired as mentioned.

Reactions: TxDoc and TripleB
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
THANKS to everyone who responded!!

Sorry for m my slow thanks.

I believe the isolator was bad from the start our failed early.

Thank you again

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am putting in my second battery right meow, and I found this while researching. I am glad someone addressed the topic as I too have a Battery Tender Jr, and it is wired to the OEM battery, as I believed this to charge the OEM battery first then send the charge through the isolator into the AUX battery. Thanks for letting me know this is still the correct way to do this. 👍

Reactions: TxDoc
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am putting in my second battery right meow, and I found this while researching. I am glad someone addressed the topic as I too have a Battery Tender Jr, and it is wired to the OEM battery, as I believed this to charge the OEM battery first then send the charge through the isolator into the AUX battery. Thanks for letting me know this is still the correct way to do this. 👍
You charging your Meow? HA!

advertisement
Soaz1000

Soaz1000

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
Soaz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just went threw this process about 2 weeks ago. I called the makers of True Isolator and they recommended to hook up to the aux battery. The isolator will charge both ways. So far I haven't noticed any problems other than it takes awhile for both batteries to charge up but the main battery is getting alittle weak. I haven't had time to change it out yet.

Reactions: TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!