P1000m5 Trickle charger

S

Skjerv40

May 14, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am noticing my accessory battery gets worn down a bit. It comes honestly by using LED lights without the engine on or the winch. I have a trickle charger I would like to install and I am wondering if I should attach it to the stock battery or the accessory battery. Also could I put one on each if I wanted? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am noticing my accessory battery gets worn down a bit. It comes honestly by using LED lights without the engine on or the winch. I have a trickle charger I would like to install and I am wondering if I should attach it to the stock battery or the accessory battery. Also could I put one on each if I wanted? Thanks.

I had the small 750ma battery tender and it wasn’t enough for two, never seemed to fill the batteries. I moved up to the 5a battery tender and it is MUCH better.

S

Skjerv40

May 14, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the small 750ma battery tender and it wasn’t enough for two, never seemed to fill the batteries. I moved up to the 5a battery tender and it is MUCH better.

OK. I actually have one of each. They aresomething they go on sale quite regularly. If I attach it to the main battery will it charge both or should I just attach it to the access battery?

Reactions: ohanacreek
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
OK. I actually have one of each. They aresomething they go on sale quite regularly. If I attach it to the main battery will it charge both or should I just attach it to the access battery?

I have mine attached to the start (main) battery and they remain above 14 volts continually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trapper5885
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have all my accessories tied to AUX battery and the ISO saves the main battery. I use the WetSounds in the garage, so I have it attached to the AUX battery.

D

DDDonkey

I have my ring attached to the main battery and it keeps both charged. I do plug my pioneer in every day after every ride.

Reactions: Montecresto
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Fyi. The CTEK MUS 4.3 is a premium smart charging unit, provided in corvettes and high end cars. Multiple settings. Using it from Sxs to tractors and deep cycle boat battery. Also got the led dash plug in and monitor. A little more than the basic battery tenders, but a good investment for all uses. It gave life back to a 2 yr. old atv battery with recondition mode. Connected to aux terminals under hood added for winch.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/CTEK-Mul...dErdMcPfR25sDrh9yXGk6P1uFx74Sh5RoCVLUQAvD_BwE

AA0F1007 1C51 44C1 AAD4 4AA93F07969A 04BB48E2 CBCC 4C9C A85B B9E9AFE2C4AF

Last edited:
Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!