P700 trouble with seat belt / limiter /governor

M

monkfarm

May 12, 2018
Pepin, WI
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have had my seatbelts fastened behind me ever since I bought this 2018 700 2. I have a small farm, and usually haul firewood or go get tools to work on some project (nothing against seatbelts)
Today, the seatbelt light started flashing, and then the limiter (governor) engaged, with both seatbelts plugged in. I ordered a bypass, but then found a thread about a person taking the magnetic sensor out of the drivers side seat belt. torq 10 wrench to take off 4 screws, and easy to slip out the magnetic sensor, the side without the wire. . .I did this, but seatbelt light still flashing, and the governor limiting my speed to 12 mph.
Any ideas? I use the utv everyday. Did I explain this well enough?

Swampdog

Swampdog

Lifetime Member
Mar 19, 2020
Forgotten Coast, FL
Ownership

1. 500
Hopefully when you get the "bypass" installed, the seatbelt light will stop flashing; it worked on my P 500.

Reactions: monkfarm
M

monkfarm

May 12, 2018
Pepin, WI
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have had my seatbelts fastened behind me ever since I bought this 2018 700 2. I have a small farm, and usually haul firewood or go get tools to work on some project (nothing against seatbelts)
Today, the seatbelt light started flashing, and then the limiter (governor) engaged, with both seatbelts plugged in. I ordered a bypass, but then found a thread about a person taking the magnetic sensor out of the drivers side seat belt. torq 10 wrench to take off 4 screws, and easy to slip out the magnetic sensor, the side without the wire. . .I did this, but seatbelt light still flashing, and the governor limiting my speed to 12 mph.
Any ideas? I use the utv everyday. Did I explain this well enough?
I took off the plastic cover behind the bottom seat and found shredded wires coming out of the junction from the seat belt where you would presumably plug in the bypass. These were shorting out, and so did a fix. Once I got the wires replaced with some made up connectors, I am fine. No limiter / governor, either, I guess because of taking out the magnetic sensor. No idea how they were shredded, didn't look like mice or rats, maybe just a stick that forced it's way into the wire junction.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I took off the plastic cover behind the bottom seat and found shredded wires coming out of the junction from the seat belt where you would presumably plug in the bypass. These were shorting out, and so did a fix. Once I got the wires replaced with some made up connectors, I am fine. No limiter / governor, either, I guess because of taking out the magnetic sensor. No idea how they were shredded, didn't look like mice or rats, maybe just a stick that forced it's way into the wire junction.
Right!:rolleyes:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!