P500 two nice used P5's for sale in MO

Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
just wanted to share this listing I found.

• Wow
Reactions: Tom_C
K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
That 2015 will give you headaches if your state requires you to register UTV's since the original owner did not title it like he was suppose to. Here in Missouri, the state considers any UTV with a manufacture stated width of 50" or less the same as an ATV and they do have to be registered. I found this out the hard way, my local DMV said I did not have to register my Pioneer 500 since it is a UTV, 6 months later I got a nasty gram from the state saying that I do have to register it and I also owe penalties. After calling the state and explaining what happened, they did wave all penalties for me.

I would also double check with the seller of the 2018 about a title too.

Utility Vehicles​

A utility vehicle is defined as “Any motorized vehicle manufactured and used exclusively for off-highway use which is more than 50 inches but no more than 80 inches in width, measured from outside of tire rim to outside of tire rim, with an unladen dry weight of 3,500 pounds or less, traveling on 4 or 6 wheels, to be used primarily for landscaping, lawn care, or maintenance purposes."

• A utility vehicle does not meet the definition of a motor vehicle or ATV, and will not be titled and registered.
  • A utility vehicle cannot be operated upon the highways of this state unless it is:
    • Owned and operated by governmental entity for official use,
    • Operated for agricultural or industrial on-premise purposes, or
    • Operated by a handicapped person for short distances on secondary roads.
  • The operator of a utility vehicle must have a valid driver license, but does not have to be motorcycle qualified.
  • Cities and counties are allowed to issue special permits for utility vehicles to be used on county roads within the county or on highways within the city to licensed drivers for a fee of $15. The fee is to be kept by such city or county.
  • The seller of utility vehicles is responsible for collecting and remitting all applicable state and local tax on new utility vehicles.
  • The purchaser of a utility vehicle may qualify for a “farm use” sales tax exemption.

This is from the Mo Dept. of Revenue website Mo. Dept. of Revenue

K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
Actually if you by any UTV that is 50" wide or less from a dealer you absolute have to register them or you WILL get a nasty letter from DOR. I know because that happened to me. And you also can not operate them on the streets (where allowed) or state parks without having them properly registered and titled. I all ready went through all of this with my P500. And Yes I have been stopped by a sheriff deputy wanting to see the registration sticker and paperwork.

Read the link I posted earlier. In the end, do what you and your pocket book can handle.

Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon X
Actually if you by any UTV that is 50" wide or less from a dealer you absolute have to register them or you WILL get a nasty letter from DOR. I know because that happened to me. And you also can not operate them on the streets (where allowed) or state parks without having them properly registered and titled. I all ready went through all of this with my P500. And Yes I have been stopped by a sheriff deputy wanting to see the registration sticker and paperwork.

Read the link I posted earlier. In the end, do what you and your pocket book can handle.
never had that problem here. I always ignore the letter if I even get it. Even 50" machines are considered farm use. if you buy out of state definitely better chance of not getting anything.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
I sold my foreman ATV about 3 weeks ago to upgrade to a 520. Then found out what I should have known, inventory was low or non existent and costs was high. I sort of panicked. I found a 2015 500 with the stuff I wanted (blade, windshield, etc) for 8k, so I bought it. Now there's some newer or better machines showing up and I'm second guessing myself. But, just have to step away and live with the results. I'd like the 520 tilt bed, but maybe they will add power steering in a deluxe model or something and may make me decide to go for it. For now I'll just hold off.

Reactions: futzin and Bmurray
Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon X
I sold my foreman ATV about 3 weeks ago to upgrade to a 520. Then found out what I should have known, inventory was low or non existent and costs was high. I sort of panicked. I found a 2015 500 with the stuff I wanted (blade, windshield, etc) for 8k, so I bought it. Now there's some newer or better machines showing up and I'm second guessing myself. But, just have to step away and live with the results. I'd like the 520 tilt bed, but maybe they will add power steering in a deluxe model or something and may make me decide to go for it. For now I'll just hold off.
I think the 500 rack is very useful. I'm going to design and fabricate one to mount above the 520 bed.

Reactions: Tom_C
K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
never had that problem here. I always ignore the letter if I even get it. Even 50" machines are considered farm use. if you buy out of state definitely better chance of not getting anything.
Again, Missouri treats all UTVs with a manufacturer stated width of 50" or less the same as an ATV. Both require to be registered and titled in Missouri. And since Missouri treats UTVs 50" or less, read the section about registering ATVs in the link I provided. You are supposed to register them and get them titled.

And there is no way I would buy an ATV or UTV of 50" width or less without a title. Whether we agree with the laws we are still supposed to obey them. And there is no tax exemption for ATV's or 50" wide UTV's for farm use per the DOR.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why do you need a title? The MSO is really all you need. Quite a few states don't title. Just another way to collect taxes
I’m not sure but he is correct, registration is determined by width and or weight in Missouri.

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement
K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
Why do you need a title? The MSO is really all you need. Quite a few states don't title. Just another way to collect taxes
You need a title on ATV's and UTV's 50" or narrower because it is state law. I definitely don't agree with the law but I still had to register AND title my Pioneer 500 since it is 50" or less in width per manufacturer specs.

And dealers have to report all sales to the state, that is how ODR knows you bought UTV or ATV. And if the dealer does not send in the report of sale, they are breaking the law.

Like I said, my local DMV office miss-read the regulations and told me I did not have to register and title my 500. 6 months later I got a nasty letter from Jeff City asking me why I did not do so and that I also owed a fine for not registering/titling my UTV. Now I was able to get the fines waved since it was actually the local DMV office that messed up.

Part of the reason that UTV's with a 50" width or less are treated the same as UTV's is because the state ORV parks have or had regulations of a maximum of 50" wide for some trails.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You need a title on ATV's and UTV's 50" or narrower because it is state law. I definitely don't agree with the law but I still had to register AND title my Pioneer 500 since it is 50" or less in width per manufacturer specs.

And dealers have to report all sales to the state, that is how ODR knows you bought UTV or ATV. And if the dealer does not send in the report of sale, they are breaking the law.

Like I said, my local DMV office miss-read the regulations and told me I did not have to register and title my 500. 6 months later I got a nasty letter from Jeff City asking me why I did not do so and that I also owed a fine for not registering/titling my UTV. Now I was able to get the fines waved since it was actually the local DMV office that messed up.

Part of the reason that UTV's with a 50" width or less are treated the same as UTV's is because the state ORV parks have or had regulations of a maximum of 50" wide for some trails.
I had to get Jeff City involved to get mine paid, my local DMV kept saying I didn’t need to because it’s a SXS. I’d say that went on for at least three months.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
I had to get Jeff City involved to get mine paid, my local DMV kept saying I didn’t need to because it’s a SXS. I’d say that went on for at least three months.

I had the local DMV office call the lady I talked to in Jeff City while I was standing there to make sure they waved all fines. The lady in Jeff City gave me her direct phone number incase I had any trouble at the local DMV office.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
In Montana all off road vehicles on roads in public land must be registered. No title-no registration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!