Upper Doors - Who likes what they have?

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi All,

Searched through and seems like not too many recent threads on upper doors, so hopefully folks have a lot of experience by now with various uppers.

So what do you have, what do you like or dislike about them?

Sounds like the OEM are good quality, but wow for an X4 $2k is a mighty stiff bill to pay vs. the others, especially if won't use year round.

Cheers,

S

Reactions: TxDoc and TripleB
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Hi All,

Searched through and seems like not too many recent threads on upper doors, so hopefully folks have a lot of experience by now with various uppers.

So what do you have, what do you like or dislike about them?

Sounds like the OEM are good quality, but wow for an X4 $2k is a mighty stiff bill to pay vs. the others, especially if won't use year round.

Cheers,

S
I’ve got Siezmik on a Pioneer 1000-5. And they’ve been ok. This is what I’m getting for my X4LV….

Reactions: Remington
L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’ve got Siezmik on a Pioneer 1000-5. And they’ve been ok. This is what I’m getting for my X4LV….

Everyone mentions that the Honda oem are very good quality, but just thinking that for a lot of the year the doors won't be on there, and $575 vs. $1975 for an X4 is a big price difference.

I've yet to drive mine in sub 40 weather (got it this spring in MT) so until what temp is relatively comfortable with a windshield and lower doors alone?

Thanks,

s

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Everyone mentions that the Honda oem are very good quality, but just thinking that for a lot of the year the doors won't be on there, and $575 vs. $1975 for an X4 is a big price difference.

I've yet to drive mine in sub 40 weather (got it this spring in MT) so until what temp is relatively comfortable with a windshield and lower doors alone?

Thanks,

s
Watch the video on installation, and how you can so quickly and easily remove and roll them up and tube them for the next use. That’s what’s going to make them last a long time.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Any review on these since you got them? Assuming you did? Lol

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I think they have arrived at my New Mexico office. I’ll be back there in a couple weeks and try to get them installed and post my thoughts on them….

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
I’m interested in any reviews also.

SchmidtyRacing

SchmidtyRacing

Apr 10, 2019
Central California (for now!)
www.schmidtyracing.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I put the Honda 1 piece aluminum doors on my Talon 1000X-4 . Fit and finish On the outside is what you'd expect from Honda. On the inside however, the hinge mechanism is exposed, and is an elbow buster. I need to find out if any of the door bag companies have something to work specifically with Honda's new aluminum doors.

IMG 03421 IMG 03431

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Watch the video on installation, and how you can so quickly and easily remove and roll them up and tube them for the next use. That’s what’s going to make them last a long time.
How did those door enclosures work out for you on your X4?

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
How did those door enclosures work out for you on your X4?
Dude he hasnt been on since September and was sparingly lurking for almost a year since.
Id try and Pm him and he might get back with you on your question.

Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!