Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Can get it from somewhere easy like the hot side of my winch solenoid or should I hook in to my existing acc. Socket or what is recommended?

Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Can get it from somewhere easy like the hot side of my winch solenoid or should I hook in to my existing acc. Socket or what is recommended?
There are some very talented people on this site that are very good at wiring, I'm not! But manage to to make my way through it. I run all accessories from a accessorie fuse panel powered from a secondary battery. Now some one please get on here and tell him how to do it right! HA!

D

Deleted member 3748

Get the accessory harness and wire into that giving you key-on power

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-08Z08-HL5-A00-Pioneer-Accessory-Harness/dp/B00MBVQEKQ?tag=sxsweb24-20

Or... these adapters put out a lot of amps for charging high powered cell phones like an S8. Plug it into the 12V adapter already in your 500 for key-on power.

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Charger-Output-iPhone-Samsung/dp/B00M6QODH2/?tag=sxsweb24-20

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I used the accessory harness that @PistonHonda mentioned, used one of those to energize a 12vdc relay that closed the circuit from the battery(used hot lead at winch relay) through a fuse block to power a double USB port along with a digital battery gauge. That way the port/gauge is only on when the key is on.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks it for info it posted in wrong place it a 700 not a 5. But they work the same I will get the accessorie sub harness prob . I got 2 usb ports for my switch plate .

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I used the accessory harness that @PistonHonda mentioned, used one of those to energize a 12vdc relay that closed the circuit from the battery(used hot lead at winch relay) through a fuse block to power a double USB port along with a digital battery gauge. That way the port/gauge is only on when the key is on.
Wouldn't that be the same result as splicing into current acc socket and would work the same way?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Wouldn't that be the same result as splicing into current acc socket and would work the same way?
Yes it would, I added the accessory harness to give me more options without cutting the original harness

Reactions: Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!