P1000 Utv801 windshield or othe DOT windshield

Elvis8310

Elvis8310

Jan 2, 2021
Edmond, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, looking to buy a DOT windshield but need an electric windshield wiper. Has anyone installed an electric kit on the UTV 801 windshield. If not what is the best to buy.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Bump. What did you end up going with?
This is what we talk about when we say for people to get back with there results. been 4 months since this thread was birthed and Negative 🤨 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: ChadD and Squeegee
R

rmhaack

Jun 27, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what we talk about when we say for people to get back with there results. been 4 months since this thread was birthed and Negative 🤨 🤣
Actually it's been 16 months, lol.
I'm wanting to buy the UTV 801 windshield and put an electric wiper on it, but looking to see what other guys have done for an electric wiper on the UTV 801.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Actually it's been 16 months, lol.
I'm wanting to buy the UTV 801 windshield and put an electric wiper on it, but looking to see what other guys have done for an electric wiper on the UTV 801.
Oh Fuc! its even worse 🤣
did u try and search it?
wait…we never got any machine pics from you yet?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
looking to see what other guys have done for an electric wiper on the UTV 801.
Just did a quick search as its your friend on here lol. This is for a P5/520 but its the same windshield and has a wiper review as well

R

rmhaack

Jun 27, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh Fuc! its even worse 🤣
did u try and search it?
wait…we never got any machine pics from you yet?
Yes, I did. And I found the below post which was somewhat helpful. But I thought if the guy who started this thread had figured something out, it'd be nice to hear what he came up with.

20220629 184200

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes, I did. And I found the below post which was somewhat helpful. But I thought if the guy who started this thread had figured something out, it'd be nice to hear what he came up with.

View attachment 355853
Nice rig! Shes naked! :eek:🤣
we love nudes tho

• Haha
Reactions: ChadD
advertisement
ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, bare bones thus far. I just got it a couple of months ago. Trying to figure out my windshield and electric wiper (ideally) before it gets too cold here in MI.

Welcome from another Michigan guy.

Let is know which windshield you decide on and how well it works out!

Reactions: Remington
R

rmhaack

Jun 27, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from another Michigan guy.

Let is know which windshield you decide on and how well it works out!
Hi. Thanks. I am pretty certain I am going to go with the UTV 801 windshield, just trying to figure out the wiper before I pull the trigger, partially because if I don't figure out an electric wiper near term, I may just order it with a manual wiper for the time being.

Reactions: ChadD and Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hi. Thanks. I am pretty certain I am going to go with the UTV 801 windshield, just trying to figure out the wiper before I pull the trigger, partially because if I don't figure out an electric wiper near term, I may just order it with a manual wiper for the time being.
Why are u going with glass may I ask? Are u trying to title the rig?
since u havent had it that long, have u experianced the heat in the summer with a solid windshield as well? the vents in them help but not quite enough! Now if your indeed trying to title it here, then yoyr stuck with that.
Yes, bare bones thus far. I just got it a couple of months ago. Trying to figure out my windshield and electric wiper (ideally) before it gets too cold here in MI.
mine was bare as a baby's ass when I got her too! U dont have to tell me how cold 🥶 It can get up here Haha. I grew up and still live here In the Strechen Gretchen state🥳
have u checked out my build? goes from Nudies to Fully dressed! Lol there is a poly windshield thats a flip for more air in the cab when your roasting with wipers and the install as well. Got flip through the pages to find it.

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
R

rmhaack

Jun 27, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why are u going with glass may I ask? Are u trying to title the rig?
since u havent had it that long, have u experianced the heat in the summer with a solid windshield as well? the vents in them help but not quite enough! Now if your indeed trying to title it here, then yoyr stuck with that.

mine was bare as a baby's ass when I got her too! U dont have to tell me how cold 🥶 It can get up here Haha. I grew up and still live here In the Strechen Gretchen state🥳
have u checked out my build? goes from Nudies to Fully dressed! Lol there is a poly windshield thats a flip for more air in the cab when your roasting with wipers and the install as well. Got flip through the pages to find it.
I'm not sure if I'll end up getting it fully street legal, but as I'm doing mods to it, I'd like the mods to be DOT compliant so that if/when I want to go full street legal, I don't have to replace mods I already did. I'm not too worried about the heat I don't think as I don't have doors and such on it, and the UTV 801 windshield has decent little vents at the bottom of it. I'd like to make it street legal eventually, but that may be a year or two, or maybe not at all. Who knows...

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure if I'll end up getting it fully street legal, but as I'm doing mods to it, I'd like the mods to be DOT compliant so that if/when I want to go full street legal, I don't have to replace mods I already did. I'm not too worried about the heat I don't think as I don't have doors and such on it, and the UTV 801 windshield has decent little vents at the bottom of it. I'd like to make it street legal eventually, but that may be a year or two, or maybe not at all. Who knows...
You'll be worried about the heat next summer with that windshield. I have SuperATV flip up and it's a huge difference in temp and comfort with it up when it's hot out. My buddy has a krx with glass windshield with some vents in the bottom. He says the vents don't do much.

Reactions: Remington and ChadD
ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Not sure what part of the state you're from but here you can ride back roads with a orv sticker.

• Love
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just like @ChadD said, half way up the state and up in 90% of the county's you can ride the shoulder on any road as long as its not an M road and Interstate. Have u looked into what it takes and how much $ it cost to make a UTV legal in our State? You might have a Stroke and a Grandmal Seizure all at one time! 🤣 Thats why almost all of us Michiganders dont have them street legal. Thank you Government!
As stated above, those little vents dont do much. You might not be worried about the heat, but if your married you will be right quick weather u like it or not ;)