Vegas

P

PalmettoFarmer

Aug 3, 2020
Providence, SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The wife wants to go to Las Vegas for her birthday in early spring. We're thinking about picking a hotel and a date and telling a bunch of other couples if you can come, meet us there.

I know nothing about Vegas. Anything I look at online is typical ad based results.

I figure there's a pretty unbiased, diverse group here. Give me your hotel recommendations, must do's and what to avoid.

We both want to do a Hoover Dam tour. I'll want to do a little gambling, probably while she takes a spa day. We both like good food, I like good bourbon. She'll probably want to see a show.

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
best steak is Ellis island,
best breakfast buffet is the orleans,
dinner buffet is Treasure island.
take comfortable shoes and you'll be walking A LOT!!
past that, there is more things to do then you'll have time. kinda have to weed through the adds and pick things you want to do.
wallets in front pocket, no purses when walking the strip.

i'm not much of a drinker, so i'm of no help on the bourbon. there used to be a bar atop the flamingo i was once invited to, supposed to be top notch.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
best steak is Ellis island,
best breakfast buffet is the orleans,
dinner buffet is Treasure island.
take comfortable shoes and you'll be walking A LOT!!
past that, there is more things to do then you'll have time. kinda have to weed through the adds and pick things you want to do.
wallets in front pocket, no purses when walking the strip.

i'm not much of a drinker, so i'm of no help on the bourbon. there used to be a bar atop the flamingo i was once invited to, supposed to be top notch.
U want to do downtown or the strip? Circa downtown just opened big promotions

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The wife wants to go to Las Vegas for her birthday in early spring. We're thinking about picking a hotel and a date and telling a bunch of other couples if you can come, meet us there.

I know nothing about Vegas. Anything I look at online is typical ad based results.

I figure there's a pretty unbiased, diverse group here. Give me your hotel recommendations, must do's and what to avoid.

We both want to do a Hoover Dam tour. I'll want to do a little gambling, probably while she takes a spa day. We both like good food, I like good bourbon. She'll probably want to see a show.
Old vegas downtown Circa,a lot of enthusiasm.The strip stay w big names,MGM, Caesar’s, Sands.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Bally's is a good central location with reasonable prices if you don't need all the bells and whistles.... it's attached to Paris also. Battista's hole in the wall is an italian food experiance you won't forget. Old school joint full of photo's of the famous actors, like Sinatra and John Wayne. You can't beat the food there. Your first trip will be a fact finding mission for your returns. Theres so much going on it's hard to plan on anything. Go wander around and enjoy. That being said. Not to sure you'll be able to get the true experience with the covid thing.... and Biden planning more lock downs until he invents the miracle cure. I wouldn't bet on a hoover dam tour either.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!