P500 Vent lines

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
This is my question. I see different post and videos of riders extending factory vent lines so is this just for deep water snorkel kits or is it a good idea to do this in general. I probly only get into max of 2ft of water most of the time when there are crossings. Opinions on extentions for this type of riding.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
This is my question. I see different post and videos of riders extending factory vent lines so is this just for deep water snorkel kits or is it a good idea to do this in general. I probly only get into max of 2ft of water most of the time when there are crossings. Opinions on extentions for this type of riding.

Good to do in general. Especially the gas tank, that one's sitting pretty low. Snorkel would be a good idea too IMO, none of it is hard to do or expensive.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
In 2 feet of water, you're pretty close to sucking water into the air inlet, putting one wheel into a hole and you're swamped. I'd do the snorkle and the vent line extensions for that "ohhh sh"t moment, just in case... Do it yourself, $5.00 worth of 1/4" vinyl tubing, and $10.00 for some 2" ABS pipe, 2 rubber connectors, 2 90' elbows. Put the factory air inlet back on top of the snorkle to keep the noise down. Just in case. I'm burning half a quart of oil each time out because I wasn't prepared, and didn't expect, that ohhh sh't moment...

Reactions: Fischer and Mudwing
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
In 2 feet of water, you're pretty close to sucking water into the air inlet, putting one wheel into a hole and you're swamped. I'd do the snorkle and the vent line extensions for that "ohhh sh"t moment, just in case... Do it yourself, $5.00 worth of 1/4" vinyl tubing, and $10.00 for some 2" ABS pipe, 2 rubber connectors, 2 90' elbows. Put the factory air inlet back on top of the snorkle to keep the noise down. Just in case. I'm burning half a quart of oil each time out because I wasn't prepared, and didn't expect, that ohhh sh't moment...
Do you have a picture of your set up?

Reactions: GrnP500
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
This is all i can find... the buggy is at the camp so I can't take a pic right now. But at the bottom I just cut the air piping, used a 2" fernco coupling to convert to 2" abs pipe, then a 90, and you can see the rest, same as bottom only reverse. Works great! I suggest putting it in the center of the buggy, in case you lay it on its side in the water... like I did...

20181123 210626

Last edited:
S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
70Bones, I use the same tote for my recovery gear. Rotopak's are bolted inside along with everything else I need. Jeep has it's own also. Thought they would be temporary till I came up with something I liked. 12 years later I guess I'm still lookin! Can't even remember where I bought em...

Reactions: 70Bones

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!