P500 Venting water pump ? Need insight

RTM1500

RTM1500

Oct 15, 2018
Treasure Coast
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey guys hope y’all would chime in on this subject. I am in the process of snorkeling my machine and extending vent lines/fuel/diff/etc..

I live in Florida a lot of my riding consist of sandy trails with lots of swamps and various water obstacles. I never search for mud or stay in it for long periods of time to play.

More of a trail rider who doesn’t mind going through the obstacles the trail provides. I have heard talk about people venting the water pump or placing a inline filter of some sort on it. First off I cannot find the damn vent they talk of and second is it really worth it to do if I am not searching for mud holes to play in for extended periods of time. Also isn’t the water pump a sealed system ?

Any help is appreciated it thanks.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thanks to AMR, maybe a loop below the pump level similar to a p-trap for an air barrier?.

111E9897 F010 4DDA B1A2 82AA48A0D553

RTM1500

RTM1500

Oct 15, 2018
Treasure Coast
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks to AMR, maybe a loop below the pump level similar to a p-trap for an air barrier?.

View attachment 104390

Thanks for the video I usually watch AMR on YouTube for his helpful videos and I guess I missed that one. I was probably going to put a filter of some sort on it and just call it a day.

bradvass1979

bradvass1979

Dec 15, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Vent it up. Use a clear hose so you can see if it is leaking

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!