Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, a pair of used Elka Stage 3 came up for sale which is rare up here, they came off a 1000-5. I have a 1000-3. Will they fit? and are they okay for use on a 1000-3?

Thanks
Have you checked price for new? I would double check or call Elka. I deal with Revco in Canada.

test - test -test
T

Tincan

Oct 1, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes I did and Revco is who I deal with to, and I checked Elka Canada and it was about the same $3600 and change for new, worth it for sure. But the ones offered are off a 1000-5 so the reason for the questions.

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
test - test -test
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I did and Revco is who I deal with to, and I checked Elka Canada and it was about the same $3600 and change for new, worth it for sure. But the ones offered are off a 1000-5 so the reason for the questions.
2K for all 4? If it's just for the rear it seems a little high.

test - test -test test - test -test test - test -test test - test -test
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Worse case scenario is you need to send them back for springs or a re-valve/service, the price seems right and you seldom see someone selling a pair of takeoffs. I would make sure they didn't come off a crashed machine and get assurance that they're not damaged in any way, otherwise buy them. Mine have never bottomed and are very adjustable. Not sure that the stage 3 has rebound adjustment, but the stock set-up sucks. Fox seem to be limited, but better than stock and a fraction of the price of Elkas. Make sure to check and adjust the sag. I'm pretty sure there are videos explaining the process should you purchase.

test - test -test
BOX2
box3 - TEST

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!