TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The Vietnam War remains one of the most controversial and misunderstood conflicts in American history. It was a key battleground in the Cold War, seen by some as a fight against the spread of communism, while others viewed it as an unjust intervention in Vietnam's struggle for self-determination. Many Vietnam veterans, drafted as teenagers and thrust into unfamiliar jungles, fought a well-prepared enemy skilled in guerrilla tactics. Despite these overwhelming challenges, American forces won every major battle. However, the political decision to withdraw led to the perception that the war was lost, much like the recent U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Tragically, Vietnam veterans paid a heavy price, both on the battlefield and after returning home. To add insult to injury, veterans returned to a hostile environment, facing protests, harassment, and neglect. Despite this, their courage and sacrifice have since been recognized, and they played a crucial role in ensuring that future veterans, from Iraq to Afghanistan, were welcomed home with the respect they deserve. The legacy of Vietnam veterans is one of bravery, resilience, and valor, cemented in the history of American freedom.

0:00 Introduction
0:30 Vietnam before and after WWII
1:06 The US view of Vietnam with regard to the Cold War
2:26 War Protests
2:54 Profile of American Draftees
4:02 Profile of North Vietnamese adversaries
6:15 How US soldiers did on the battlefield
7:30 What it cost American veterans
8:10 Agent Orange
10:52 What it cost - continued
12:29 Veterans returning home
14:41 Their Legacy

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@TxDoc
Very good you posted this. I know many Vietnam vets. One close to my hart is my former Baseball coach. He is the Commander of our VFW. He is also the head of the Vietnam veterans of America Washtinaw co chapter. Is head of the honor guard and Veteran Funerals. He was very instrumental in getting a local service man and women Vietnam war Memorial wall built in our area. He has helped many vets from all wars as well, with all he has in his tenure at the VFW.

John was a Radio Man in the Army 1st Calvary during the Tett Offensive. He has written and published a book of the men and women in our area that served over there with minimum 3 page bio’s of each. All done on his own and with his own funds over 500 books published and handed out.
The sacrifices soldiers made over there should never go unnoticed. God bless those who came home and those who didn’t.
John is a great American, a wonderful inspiring man.
Im thankful for his teachings, his faith in me and Empowerment of myself throughout the years. Im blessed to have and call him a dear friend.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!