P700 VIN Search

E

EMcarr

Jan 13, 2019
Ky
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’m thinking about buying a used 700-4. Can a Honda dealership look up the vin and tell me the history on maintenance or repairs?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’m thinking about buying a used 700-4. Can a Honda dealership look up the vin and tell me the history on maintenance or repairs?
No.
Unless that dealer did all the work.
You need to take someone that knows what to look for.

E

EMcarr

Jan 13, 2019
Ky
Ownership

1. 700-2
I thought Honda probably had a system like car dealerships where if a dealer does repairs any other dealer can pull those records. That’s not how it works ?

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I thought Honda probably had a system like car dealerships where if a dealer does repairs any other dealer can pull those records. That’s not how it works ?
My gut tells me that would be coded if recall/warranty work, but general maintenance, I suspect those details are not stored/coded across a network. Alternatively, you might ask them for any documentation for service work (should be a breeze for them to produce it). Chances are, the individual likely did the service work vs. taking it to a dealership. Unlike a car, getting an oil change on a side by side can be staggering $$$, so my concern would be if the individual did it correctly, so I would inquire what oil, filter they used. This unit requires a specific oil combination, so not just anything works....

Reactions: ohanacreek
H

HondaTech

The only thing Honda would be able to tell us with a VIN is the current owner (or original if no dealers have ever updated) the warranty left, what recalls are done and if any parts were replaced under warranty.

Repair Orders are only saved at the dealership where they were performed, and even then some dont keep great records of that tbh. Unless you knew what dealer the unit had been to, it's impossible to know the service history unless the seller has paper records.

Reactions: swsebek