Viper Winches

Gwishy

Gwishy

Oct 9, 2013
Peru, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I know that this topic has been beat like a dead horse on many other forums. So a question for my fellow Pioneer chums.... Does anybody have any experience with the Viper winches sold by Motoallince? I've heard you get what you pay for 1000 times but with Christmas coming and a limited budget the Viper Max 4000 with the synthetic cable looks pretty sweet for $216. Limited lifetime warranty and good customer service makes it tempting but I wanted some feedback before pulling the trigger....

Thanks guys!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I had a viper winch on my Rincon. It did great.
I bought a Venom for my Pioneer.

I understand the "you get what you pay for" but you can buy 2 viper's for the price of 1 warn.

Back in 2004 I had a run of back luck with warn. I bought the biggest bad'est warn winch there was. A 3000 for like $599.
With in a year it had it apart ordering parts. By the next year I needed a new motor. It was junk.
I bought the Viper in 08, It still works today, no issue other then bad switch. $25

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
viper winches are excellent and their customer service is top notch you cant go wrong with them

Gwishy

Gwishy

Oct 9, 2013
Peru, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's the news I like to hear, I have a ton of faith in you guys. This forum has been very educational for me!!

Wifey thinks I'm addicted!! Ha

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
you might also look at the superwinch terra series they are excellent also

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Gwishy said:
So I know that this topic has been beat like a dead horse on many other forums. So a question for my fellow Pioneer chums.... Does anybody have any experience with the Viper winches sold by Motoallince? I've heard you get what you pay for 1000 times but with Christmas coming and a limited budget the Viper Max 4000 with the synthetic cable looks pretty sweet for $216. Limited lifetime warranty and good customer service makes it tempting but I wanted some feedback before pulling the trigger....

Thanks guys!!

This is the same model I put on my Pioneer……complete with the synthetic rope and rocker switch. Used the moto-allaince mount too……very nice kit. I've heard nothing but good about Vipers. Lotsa bang for the buck.

Gwishy

Gwishy

Oct 9, 2013
Peru, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did MotoAlliance have the mounting plate too or did you find a different supplier, when I called a few weeks ago they didn't have one for consumers yet? The only ones I've seen so far are straight from Honda and KFI. I've read that some users aren't happy with how the KFI plates mount...

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Gwishy said:
Did MotoAlliance have the mounting plate too or did you find a different supplier, when I called a few weeks ago they didn't have one for consumers yet? The only ones I've seen so far are straight from Honda and KFI. I've read that some users aren't happy with how the KFI plates mount...

Sorry. I meant to say KFI on the winch mount I used. Fingers moved faster than my brain. :oops:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!