500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I opened my 2017 blue cross healthcare bill today. 50% more a month with less coverage. Thanks old buma!

Reactions: Plumber32 and JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I opened my 2017 blue cross healthcare bill today. 50% more a month with less coverage. Thanks old buma!
The PPACA was written by the right wing think tank, The Heritage Foundation. It was first implimented by a republican governor, and it was upheld twice by a right leaning SCOTUS.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
The PPACA was written by the right wing think tank, The Heritage Foundation. It was first implimented by a republican governor, and it was upheld twice by a right leaning SCOTUS.

WAIT, What?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
WAIT, What?
Yes, the foundational cornerstone of the PPACA is the individual mandate that was a promotional healthcare reform ambition of the Heritage Foundation, even before Clinton was president. How the Heritage Foundation, a Conservative Think Tank, Promoted the Individual Mandate And Mitt Romney implimented a individual mandate based health care program for the state of Massachusetts when he was governor. And then of course it has been challenged all the way to the SCOTUS, twice, and both times upheld. But it's the individual mandate that is most controversial in the GOP right now. I own a medical billing company and am intimate with the PPACA, I'm not a great fan of it in total, but it does have a few good aspects, namely no lifetime limits and no pre-existing clause. It's also chock full of problems.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Yes, the foundational cornerstone of the PPACA is the individual mandate that was a promotional healthcare reform ambition of the Heritage Foundation, even before Clinton was president. How the Heritage Foundation, a Conservative Think Tank, Promoted the Individual Mandate And Mitt Romney implimented a individual mandate based health care program for the state of Massachusetts when he was governor. And then of course it has been challenged all the way to the SCOTUS, twice, and both times upheld. But it's the individual mandate that is most controversial in the GOP right now. I own a medical billing company and am intimate with the PPACA, I'm not a great fan of it in total, but it does have a few good aspects, namely no lifetime limits and no pre-existing clause. It's also chock full of problems.
How bad is 2017 going to be for you all??

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
How bad is 2017 going to be for you all??
Well, if you're referring to my company, probably no better or worse than any other year. We made it through the ICD9 to ICD10 conversion. Most people probably don't know that part of the PPACA was switching to the European medical coding model. We could go to a single payer system and it would still be fine for us. Another thing that people probably don't understand is that Medicare is a single payer system, pays better and faster than private insurance, and is run on a 4% overhead compared to 20% for private insurance. Of course there's many reasons for that, but one glaring reason is that the top paid employee at the Federal Medicaire/Medicaid services is $243,000 a year, whereas insurance company CEO's can earn tens of millions a year. Medicare for all would be superior to the PPACA and any healthcare system in the past.

J

JTW

Well, if you're referring to my company, probably no better or worse than any other year. We made it through the ICD9 to ICD10 conversion. Most people probably don't know that part of the PPACA was switching to the European medical coding model. We could go to a single payer system and it would still be fine for us. Another thing that people probably don't understand is that Medicare is a single payer system, pays better and faster than private insurance, and is run on a 4% overhead compared to 20% for private insurance. Of course there's many reasons for that, but one glaring reason is that the top paid employee at the Federal Medicaire/Medicaid services is $243,000 a year, whereas insurance company CEO's can earn tens of millions a year. Medicare for all would be superior to the PPACA and any healthcare system in the past.
I didn't know how the 2017 changes would impact your business..

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I didn't know how the 2017 changes would impact your business..
It's more difficult and will drive more docs our way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!