educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Good morning all,
Jumping back into the side by side game and am 1st on the list at my local dealer for a 2022 Pioneer 520. Supposedly, the first one they are getting is the new brown color. Not sure how long the wait will be but I'm not in a hurry; as long as I have it by April or May... Just looking forward to getting back out and riding with my son.

I already have my accessory list set up so as soon as I can replenish my accounts from all the holiday shopping, those items will begin to trickle in. With that said, I did see that the Walker Evans suspension setup is 16-20 weeks lead time so that will need to be purchased here pretty quick. For those of you that have been adding accessories, are there any other common items with a very long wait? Just trying to prioritize my purchasing.

Thanks in advance.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome back in the SxS world. Seriously, power steering is my best first mechanical addition recommendation, enjoy it on every ride in the yard or on the trail with one hand steering. And it goes well with larger tires or the front locker if those are in your plans. Full windshield/roof for comfort.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good morning all,
Jumping back into the side by side game and am 1st on the list at my local dealer for a 2022 Pioneer 520. Supposedly, the first one they are getting is the new brown color. Not sure how long the wait will be but I'm not in a hurry; as long as I have it by April or May... Just looking forward to getting back out and riding with my son.

I already have my accessory list set up so as soon as I can replenish my accounts from all the holiday shopping, those items will begin to trickle in. With that said, I did see that the Walker Evans suspension setup is 16-20 weeks lead time so that will need to be purchased here pretty quick. For those of you that have been adding accessories, are there any other common items with a very long wait? Just trying to prioritize my purchasing.

Thanks in advance.
Skids!

G

Golgo 13

Nov 30, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 520
Good morning all,

Thanks in advance.
Man if you can hold out until next year there supposed to put locking differential on the 520. Which is needed.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Thanks…. Skids should be here sometime next week. I’ve learned not to take it out until the belly is protected. Learned that twice, actually. Oh, and wheel spacers… it won’t get larger tires until the wheel spacers go on.

I’m going to wait on the power steering and diff lock for a bit. When I had my 2016 pioneer 500, I didn’t really feel the need for power steering. When I finally decide that I can’t live without the locker, I’ll put the PS on at the same time.

As much as I’d like to hold out for Honda to put a locker on, the benefit doesn’t outweigh the negative. My son (6 yrs) really wants to go riding with me and i want to maximize the times when he still wants to hang out with me. And truthfully, by the time they actually put a locker on, he might have kids of his own.

Good call on the windshield and roof. I have the soft roof and 1/2 windshield from the p500 I had so that will be my summer setup. Trying to decide on which hard roof to go with but think Ive landed on one of the EMP options.

I love the build process on these machines and the ability to set it up exactly as I need it. Thanks for your recommendations.

Last edited:
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
We know more on this forum about these machines than anywhere on the web and I've never heard anything about a factory locker. Someone got some bad info.
A27B6F42 6EDA 4555 A17C 7979BDCBFC11

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
I can't remember where, but I saw yesterday something about a patent application for a locker for them. Wish now I had payed more attention at the time.

Reactions: PJ1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!