Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been looking at the P5s and it appears to fit my needs. I liike the fifty inch wheel base as well as the paddle shift. Let me know what you P5 owners experience has been
Stan from Nebraska
It’s a great machine that is built tough and very reliable. Little to no issues really.

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
It’s a great machine that is built tough and very reliable. Little to no issues really.
If you’re wanting to ease around or have a little work horse it’s for you. Keep it maintained and will last for years! If you feel the need for speed look for something else. Great machine for its size and can be set up for users wants and needs. Keep it simple or go Hog wild it’s your choice. It’s a HONDA enough said!

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
P500 is a great little machine with a few mods It will become a little beast. Just know going in that it’s not the smoothest ride but that can be fixed with new shocks and it clinks and clanks when it shifts but will get a lot better over time or once broken in. I bought a 2020 model and I pretty much have it the way I want it and I love it. I’ve did all the wrenching on it myself wether right or wrong but I enjoy doing it.
1D6EF541 7416 4C1F AB35 0240E922DF7C

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Welcome from Central N.Y

Red is the 1st Color All other Colors followed hopping to catch some of the Glory. Honda hopes they sell

GOOD -- -- P500/P520 - One of the Most - Reliable - Dependable 50in machines on the market with gear transmission.
NOT SO GOOD -- --Speed & Plush Ride - Honda P500/520 - IS NOT - the best 50in.machine out there.

Be ready for a drain on your net worth.
Must have Acceries seem to multiply
Roof / Glass- Vented Windshield / Back Panel / WINCH / EPS / Better SHOCKS / UHM Skid & A-arm Guards / Bigger Tires= Mud Guards / Tiger Shield / Mirrors / Bumpers --- list continues depending on Wants & Needs.

Your ALMOST READY for 1st. Ride
Those before & after will have plenty to add & subtract.

FYI:
This one is set up for 4 season use including - Sno Tracks / P520- Doors / Heat / Windshield - Wiper & Washer / Heated Bucket Seats / Winch is useable Ft. or Rear

20200725 122200

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I have been looking at the P5s and it appears to fit my needs. I liike the fifty inch wheel base as well as the paddle shift. Let me know what you P5 owners experience has been
Stan from Nebraska
Howdy from Oklahoma Stan, and welcome to the club. I have had my 2016 P500 since December of 2015, and other than acessories, the only thing I have spent money on, is routine maintenance. Not the fastest or most comfortable SXS out there, but certainly one of the most reliable.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Another welcome from Central Florida. As said above they ride rough. Can it be made to ride better? Yup. With parts/money. It makes all kinds of loud noises when it shifts. Will it ever get quite? Nope. Will it get better? Yup. Do it go fast? Nope. I didn't get it to go fast. Do I have plans to get rid of my 2017 P5 any time soon? Nope. Love the little beast. Have fun.

GAug440

GAug440

Apr 18, 2020
Wi
Ownership

1. 500
I don’t disagree with anything said so far. The P500 is a simple and basic machine. To me, that’s it’s biggest plus. Simple and basic makes its it easy to add incremental improvements to suit my needs. I plan on keeping mine along time, so putting money in to it to make it the way I want it, and doing the work myself is good fun, I have no worries about long term reliability.

Other people may be looking for something a little more refined, something that will roll out of the dealer preloaded with accessories that they can run a couple years and then sell it and get something new before things start breaking.

GAug440

GAug440

Apr 18, 2020
Wi
Ownership

1. 500
I don’t disagree with anything said so far. The P500 is a simple and basic machine. To me, that’s its biggest plus. Good for work and play. Simple and basic makes itit easy to add incremental improvements to suit my needs. I plan on keeping mine along time, so putting money in to it to make it the way I want it, and doing the work myself is good fun, I have no worries about long term reliability. I also realize simple and basic has limitations. It won’t ever be fast or plush, and if you make a stop with it, you probably won’t get much attention from the people checking out the latest turbo charged luxury ride parked at the bar. I’m ok with that, as I like to fly under the radar I guess. I think I manage to have as much fun with my P500 as anyone else in a SxS.

Other people may be looking for something a little more refined, something that will roll out of the dealer preloaded with accessories that they can run a couple years and then sell it and get something new before things start breaking. That’s cool too, as long as it does what you need it to do and you enjoy it.

V

VoyagerXll

May 23, 2021
Bloomfield, NE
Ownership

1. 500
I don’t disagree with anything said so far. The P500 is a simple and basic machine. To me, that’s it’s biggest plus. Simple and basic makes its it easy to add incremental improvements to suit my needs. I plan on keeping mine along time, so putting money in to it to make it the way I want it, and doing the work myself is good fun, I have no worries about long term reliability.

Other people may be looking for something a little more refined, something that will roll out of the dealer preloaded with accessories that they can run a couple years and then sell it and get something new before things start breaking.
From what I have read r it sounds like the 500 could meet my needs. I have no need for speed. The size and maneuverability is a big plus. The accessories cold be added as the need arises. Being somewhat handy with a welder I think building the front and rear bumpers is something I could do. The current problem now is the unavailabily of new ore even used machines. The dealers I have spoken with are not overly optimistic about when they will be able to get the 500s

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Stan from Nebraska
It’s all good....😉

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I generally agree with the previous posts. I like my P500 so much, I went and bought a P1000. So now I've found I like the reverse shifter in the P1000 much better than the P500. I understand that the under the dash lever can be disabled in the 500...but I don't dislike it that much.

s/f Steve

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome. The P500 is a good workhorse and capable for trail fun. Power steering tops my list of mods. The flat cargo rack opens up so many options. Golf card bed added.
.1AAED184 6294 4FA6 BD67 C9472D5783C0

Reactions: rtn001

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!