ATV Warm December Ride

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Had the opportunity to get out this past weekend on my Rubicon. It was unseasonably warm in Northern Illinois so my buddy and I did a quick day trip to The Cliffs Insane Terrain. Lots of good climbs and tests for the rider and his/her machine.

What I learned about the Foreman and Rubicon:
1. Both are extremely capable machines. The Foreman had a couple instances of high siding but nothing major. Both machines climbed insanely well and had plenty of power to do anything we would dare try.

2. I have 26 inch Bearclaw HTR's on the Rubicon. I noticed a little power loss from the stock tires but nothing that impacted my abilities to climb. I did use first gear a little more often but the extra grip from the tires was well worth it.

3. There was one instance where I thought I couldn't make it over a series of rocks and frozen ruts from jeeps. But, I remembered the diff lock and it walked right up.

My P500 is a ton of fun but there is just something awesome about throwing your leg over an atv and challenging your skills.

Posers...
IMG 20171216 132407785 HDR

Very narrow spine between two ravines.
IMG957910