P1000 Warn bumper. Are u serious???

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice work! I really like my bumper for what my expectations are. I’m just a trail rider that wants a reliable setup and want the winch out in the open and up where it’s easy to access. I’m getting older with lower back issues now and making a witching job easier is what I’m looking for.

Reactions: Plumber32
Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much of the bumper sticks out past the grille? Right now with stock bumper my tires will touch before the bumper does, If it was up against a wall.

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll measure it tomorrow. Here is a side view.
E5523E8B 769F 44C1 9FF0 98B7D699F478

Reactions: Enigma and Dezrik
Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So now the big question, modifying a Warn to fill in the gap or a TC? I like the looks of both even though their drastically different. Wonder which one is stronger? I've got a 6k lb Viper Elite ready for whatever I get.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So now the big question, modifying a Warn to fill in the gap or a TC? I like the looks of both even though their drastically different. Wonder which one is stronger? I've got a 6k lb Viper Elite ready for whatever I get.
There won't be any comparison to which is stronger. IIRC the TC weighs 85-90#, it WILL be much stronger.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So there is still that 1" or so transition from the bumper to the buggy itself? I wish it were smooth there. I'm afraid of catching that on rocks.
Yep, that's why I sold mine to @ToddACimer but looks like he did a little fab work to fix it. I was so mad when I got that installed. I couldn't believe they left it that way.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There won't be any comparison to which is stronger. IIRC the TC weighs 85-90#, it WILL be much stronger.

I'd disagree to some extent. For climbing obstacles the Warn bumper gives a much better approach angle than most aftermarket bumpers so it won't get hung up. Now if you're actually running over stuff or hitting something like a deer it won't protect anything. I had the bulky and heavy RD bumper on my 2016 and I beefed it up Everytime it broke but it still wasn't invincible

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd disagree to some extent. For climbing obstacles the Warn bumper gives a much better approach angle than most aftermarket bumpers so it won't get hung up. Now if you're actually running over stuff or hitting something like a deer it won't protect anything. I had the bulky and heavy RD bumper on my 2016 and I beefed it up Everytime it broke but it still wasn't invincible
Lol ..... the question was ..... which is STRONGER? Have you seen the TC bumper, pertaining to approach angle?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

advertisement
dukeANhammer

dukeANhammer

Nov 18, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since we’re talking about bumpers, anybody have one of these or thought about it? I’m thinking but was looking for input
98A224C6 9EB9 4896 B3DF 28777589D2BA

Reactions: Isaiah
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Since we’re talking about bumpers, anybody have one of these or thought about it? I’m thinking but was looking for input
View attachment 197462
That looks pretty similar to my JEI bumper

dukeANhammer

dukeANhammer

Nov 18, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks pretty similar to my JEI bumper
Wow it does, can’t decide how i feel about those bars on the JEI.. would definitely help not bending the edges on impact.. how do you like it?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol ..... the question was ..... which is STRONGER? Have you seen the TC bumper, pertaining to approach angle?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

From a strength standpoint there's nothing on the Warn bumper that is easy to damage. The front of the machine is exposed to a lot more but I really doubt I will break any part of it. By comparison the TC front skid/bash plate sticks out a lot further and when I had my RD bumper I caved the bash plate in about 3". I'd consider it a strong possibility to do the same on the TC. Even after I tubed and plated the RD bash plate I still damaged it. Like wise the upper grill guard supports stick out pretty far, they may be protecting the headlights but they are 6" out front and likely will bend. Bent those on my RD bumper too. The reason I made the switch to the warn was based on experience tearing up a bulky front bumper because they aren't indestructible.

Reactions: Plumber32
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wow it does, can’t decide how i feel about those bars on the JEI.. would definitely help not bending the edges on impact.. how do you like it?
I love the bars on the sides. That was one of the big selling points for me. The bumper looks great, but the install was a real pain. It must warp slightly when they weld it. The bottom 2 bolts were very difficult to get started. I'm not confident with how the winch is mounted to the top. They made me a custom plate to bolt my warn axon 55s winch on. It flexes quite a bit and I haven't done a hard pull with it yet. Just tensioned my rope the other day pulling the machine up a slight grade. If i touched the brake a little you could see the winch move away from the grill a little. The bumper also interfered with my Tusk plow mount. I had to grind on it a little to make it work.

dukeANhammer

dukeANhammer

Nov 18, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love the bars on the sides. That was one of the big selling points for me. The bumper looks great, but the install was a real pain. It must warp slightly when they weld it. The bottom 2 bolts were very difficult to get started. I'm not confident with how the winch is mounted to the top. They made me a custom plate to bolt my warn axon 55s winch on. It flexes quite a bit and I haven't done a hard pull with it yet. Just tensioned my rope the other day pulling the machine up a slight grade. If i touched the brake a little you could see the winch move away from the grill a little. The bumper also interfered with my Tusk plow mount. I had to grind on it a little to make it work.
I want my winch mounted on top of the bumper but i want it rock solid. I’m interested to know the outcome of a hard pull with your bumper, if it happens in the near future, if you don’t mind?

D

DDDonkey

Can you post a pic of the winch and mounting plate, I am interested in what it looks like, and how thick is it? Thanks!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I want my winch mounted on top of the bumper but i want it rock solid. I’m interested to know the outcome of a hard pull with your bumper, if it happens in the near future, if you don’t mind?
Oh I will for sure. I think the bumper looks awesome with the winch up there but we will see how it holds up.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Can you post a pic of the winch and mounting plate, I am interested in what it looks like, and how thick is it? Thanks!
I'll try to remember to get a pic or two tonight

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like 5” overhang from the grill. Here are 2 shots of the nose. When I talked with Scott at Montana Jacks, he stated that Warn specifically had the rock crawlers in mind when they designed this bumper. The unit itself is very robust. The coverage is not nearly as good as some others. It’s all about your needs on where you ride. This one suits my trail riding just fine. Keeps the winch up,high too.
60B890EB E6B9 4ABF 81E4 C0FBF61627EF
F06A416F 0425 453B A12F 8800DCDC8E94

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!