P1000 Warn winch mount for P1000

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Not sure what the recommended size winch would be required for the P100-5 deluxe. Wish someone had a good size suggestion. Does anyone know of a chart for weight of vehicle vs winch size?
I thought this post by HondaSxS might be of some help but I realize it doesn't provide you with a direct answer. Something else to consider though...

"So.. With the 3500lb winch... do you think that 1806 lbs of pull is enough to pull that big rig out of a thick mud pit? If not you need to go with the 4500 winch.

A lot of people do no pay attention to the "pull by layer" factor. For each layer of rope/cable the pull strength weakens. Only when you wind the winch all the way out do you get the full pull. With only 5 ft of winch line out you can only pull at 2731 lbs with the 4500lb winch.
Here is the "pull by layer" factor on the ProV. 4500 warn.
Layer 1 - 4500 lbs
Layer 2 - 3780 lbs
Layer 3 - 3175 lbs
Layer 4 - 2731 lbs

Ultimately it is up to you and what you are willing to put into it.
Me. I'd pick the 3500 Vantage with synthetic rope and buy a good snatch block or 2. Remember, You can always double your pulling power with each snatch by making a pulley system. "

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!