P1000 Warn winch plate

S

SlowPony46

Jul 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looking to put a winch on my P1000-5. I see most people seem to use the KFI or SuperATV mounts. I’ve also seen complaints about the angle of the rope with the kfi and the fact that the winch mounts at an odd orientation with the SuperATV. Looks like the warn mount lines it up properly behind the fairlead opening, from what I can tell in pictures. Why don’t more people use this mount or am I missing something?

Also, are SuperATV brand winches pretty good? Would one mount to a warn plate? Thanks.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a KFI mount on my 2016 and I relocated the fairlead for a straight line pull. Several times I noticed the winch looked crooked and I found that the winch mount shifted in the bumper mounts. On my 2018 I have the Warn mount. I've done several hard pulls and it seems to be better and the cable angle is improved. No complaints yet

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The EMP lines it up with the fair lead and it’s good BUT it’s a PITA to mount and unmount if you despoil a winch.

KFI is poorly designed.

S

SlowPony46

Jul 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The EMP lines it up with the fair lead and it’s good BUT it’s a PITA to mount and unmount if you despoil a winch.

KFI is poorly designed.

Do you have any opinion of the warn mount?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have any opinion of the warn mount?

Honda Warn? I’d use it. I wish it didn’t come with all the install pieces for the warm winch so it was cheaper and you could use another brand if you wanted.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looking to put a winch on my P1000-5. I see most people seem to use the KFI or SuperATV mounts. I’ve also seen complaints about the angle of the rope with the kfi and the fact that the winch mounts at an odd orientation with the SuperATV. Looks like the warn mount lines it up properly behind the fairlead opening, from what I can tell in pictures. Why don’t more people use this mount or am I missing something?

Also, are SuperATV brand winches pretty good? Would one mount to a warn plate? Thanks.
I bought the warn mount for 2 p1k machines and was very happy with it. I got stuck and literally drug my machine through mud over the top A arms. I got out and hooked to a tree and didn't want to walk back through the mud. It was pushing a pile of mud up to the fairlead. That was with the LE bumper, warn 4500vrx and warn mount plate.

I hit a deer a while back and replaced my bumper with a tough country. So I no longer need my plate, it still looks like new if you want it I'd sell it to ya pretty reasonably.

If you're looking for a warn winch the price and service at montana Jack's cant be beat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

S

SlowPony46

Jul 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Honda Warn? I’d use it. I wish it didn’t come with all the install pieces for the warm winch so it was cheaper and you could use another brand if you wanted.

I don’t know if the Honda branded one is different in some way but you can buy just the mount plate from warn.

S

SlowPony46

Jul 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just saw 4wp has a pretty good sale price on a vrx-45s. Anyone have experience with this winch? The warn name makes me suspect it will be quality.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just saw 4wp has a pretty good sale price on a vrx-45s. Anyone have experience with this winch? The warn name makes me suspect it will be quality.

That is exactly what i have and it has been AWESOME! It drug my machine through clay mud up to the fairlead. The machine was in neutral and I was standing on the bank watching it be drug along.

What is the price?

I really like mine but there are other good winches out there too.

S

SlowPony46

Jul 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That is exactly what i have and it has been AWESOME! It drug my machine through clay mud up to the fairlead. The machine was in neutral and I was standing on the bank watching it be drug along.

What is the price?

I really like mine but there are other good winches out there too.

It was 360 with free shipping. I think the sale just ended at midnight though. I ordered it before I missed the sale price but I’m still kinda researching what winch I want. Mostly between the warn and superatv now. I figure if I change my mind there’s a 4wp by my house I can return the warn to.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
advertisement
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
These threads always seem to pop up after I have made a purchase, and make me regret that purchase. Trying to get a winch on finally, I had ordered the EMP mount yesterday! Had I known the Warn was good, I'd have ordered it since my winch is Warn. I still hate the idea of having to dig through the mud to get to the winch though. But the tough country bumper is way overkill for me and too heavy. Can't find a slasher bumper for less than $600 and my Warn bumper is a joke so it's sitting on the garage floor.

S

SlowPony46

Jul 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
With the winches mounted down behind the bumper on these machines can you still reach the clutch release to freespool the cable?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With the winches mounted down behind the bumper on these machines can you still reach the clutch release to freespool the cable?
Yes but if you like to play in the mud you’re gonna be covered in it.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cut a chunk of fairing off my machine so I could get straight access to the freespool knob, before you would have to reach around a bit to twist it. Best 5 minutes I ever spent with a bodysaw.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors

74UAFJ

Mar 16, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought the warn mount for 2 p1k machines and was very happy with it. I got stuck and literally drug my machine through mud over the top A arms. I got out and hooked to a tree and didn't want to walk back through the mud. It was pushing a pile of mud up to the fairlead. That was with the LE bumper, warn 4500vrx and warn mount plate.

I hit a deer a while back and replaced my bumper with a tough country. So I no longer need my plate, it still looks like new if you want it I'd sell it to ya pretty reasonably.

If you're looking for a warn winch the price and service at montana Jack's cant be beat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Do you still have the warn winch plate?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!