Warn Winch w/ kit and SuperATV Bumper

A

Artisans

Jul 25, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
Long time lurker first time poster.

I'm in need of some advice pertaining to mounting the Honda Powersports Warn Winch on my SuperATV front bumper. The way Honda says the winch should be mounted on their bracket won't fit using the SuperATV bumper (need another 1 1/4). I can flip the winch to the inside of the bracket (left picture, winch would go on the inside) and then mount on the bumper but then the plate brackets in the right image will not line up.

My questions are:

1. Is there an issue with mounting the winch on the inside of that bracket? If not...
2. Will the angle brackets alone be sufficient or are the plate brackets required? I would assume that they are to keep it from sliding on the bumper arms during use.

Winch Bracket
Plate Bracket

P.S. - I really enjoy that the dealer didn't mention the winch/kit sold doesn't fit on the stock talon bumper. At least then I could mount it to that until I figure this out.

Thanks for any input!

Link to Honda Install Instructions - If you want to see how they suggest to mount it.

Reactions: TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!