P700 Warranty Extent? - Slight Rant. . .

T

trapperm

May 28, 2017
Bemidji Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
I bought a new pioneer 700-4. Was REAAAALLY anxious (night before Christmas anxious) to get it and join the owners club.

Almost immediately after picking up the 700 I noticed my input shaft seal leaking. I would say in the neighborhood of about 20 drips for a 2 mile run. Talked to the dealer, "bring it in, we can have a look." Brought it in, sure enough - Input shaft seal. "Should be covered under warranty." Awaiting the bill or lack there of.

Before I brought the machine in I went over it as normal to see if anything else were going on. I noticed that the passenger front door handle shroud was missing. I don't know if it was ever on from the dealer or if it rattled off. I feel like when it fell off, it would have landed in the machine and I would have seen it on the floor though.

As I was wiping oil off the top of the skid plate, I also found 2 rubber pieces which one resembled the rubber stop in the doors but orange in color, the other piece seemed to be a grommet of some sort. I couldn't figure out where they should be so I put them in a bag for the dealer to figure out.

I have also replaced a few bolts in the split windshield that vibrated loose and fell out during a ride which seemed to burn the most believe it or not. I feel like a lot of things don't quite have the "fit" you expect when paying for a Honda product.

In the spirit of staying positive. . . I do really enjoy the machine, the power of the 700 was surprising to me as I was considering a 1000-5. The functionality of it has been great and I am looking forward to seeing how the 700 treats our family for thousands of miles to come.

Have any of you guys experienced this kind of stuff? Was your dealer good at standing behind things?

Trap

Reactions: Plumber32
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats unfortunate on the seal. Probably pinched during assembly.

With all the loose bolts and missing pieces.
It kinda sounds like dealer blew through the dealer assembly process, the orange tabs are shipping pieces. The dealer should adjust the doors and I have seen SEVERAL of the door stops fall out of brand new machines. I know it is easy to install 10 accessories and forget to tighten a bolt or two. I've done it and thats why I have to go behind myself and check to make sure I didn't screw something up.

A good dealer is rare these days.
I enjoyed my 700 it was a great machine, I worked it hard and rode it hard. But I can never have enough power....

Reactions: swsebek and Tflynn
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You get bad seals accasionally. But I'm sure they will take care of you. As far as bolts getting loose and door latches loosening or even falling off,Yep Mine did too.You have to go all over the machine all the time.Preventative maintenance is key on these SXS. You had a little bad luck at first but I think she will serve you well from here.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
All I did was fix the normal stuff (door rattles, bed latch adjustment} and torque all the ROPS bolts, since then I really haven't had any problems with mine and i'm just over 2000 miles

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
The seal is just bad luck. The rest I think is on your dealer, they must have set yours up Friday afternoon. Sorry for the sour start! Don't worry though, after these little issues are taken care of it will be like Christmas morning again!

Oh, and congratulations, welcome to the owners club!

Reactions: Gator
Impalacrazy1959

Impalacrazy1959

Aug 3, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have 150 miles on mine and tonight I noticed my input shaft seal is leaking as well.

I also notice when I slow down I hear a rattle in the rear end.

I have also noticed I'm missing some of the net clips. One of the rubber seals for between the bed and front seats is gone as well.

Little disappointed in the machine tonight.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think dealer prep plays a big part in some or most of the minor issues mentioned. I have had no problems with my 700 other than I made my own rubber door stops and adjusted the bed latch to suit me. As mentioned, it is very important to look over and check your machine frequently and listen for strange noises. I'm sure it will be a great machine for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Mudwing and WillB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!