Washing SxS - Tips, Tricks, Products, Advice

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I usually just hose mine off with a firehose style nozzle then let it soak for a bit. Then I come back with a small pressure washer similar to what @JTW listed earlier and blast everything off. I like to go over the machine after a ride so I'll take my time and pull the wheels/tires and skid to get all the crud out then I go over everything with SC1. Also, if you've got the rear door storage mod on the P1k, it's good to open them up and let some air get in there after you've sprayed it down.

I've always been leery to using the tire shine; it doesn't make everything sticky? I know when I put it on my tires it's definitely got some tack to it unless I wipe it down.

A light coat won't be that sticky, I don't like armor all at all or other tire shine products. Don't get them on the seat if you want to stay in place.

That's why it's called "slick"-"mist" it applies just enough that it doesn't gob up and become sticky. I used to use those products, but a combination of these two is the best I have found up untill this point.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 163979
I am also a clean freak! I use this stuff. Can be found at local walmart. Half a bottle takes care of my pioneer 3. If it's real nasty I use a whole bottle. Simply watch the mud and grime slide down the machine. Pressure wash pretty quick after spraying. Also leaves a slight film so that cleaning next time is super easy.

View attachment 163980
For that added snaz... or especially if I'm going to ride in nasty conditions... I lather the buggy down with this. I get under the back bed and front fenders where the mud tends to fly and accumulate. Between both products I watch mud simply fall off my machine leaving a new machine look underneath.

So that wheel and tire cleaner doesn't hurt anything? Have you been using that a long time? Looks like i'm going to have to give that a try!

Reactions: rtn001
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I usually just hose mine off with a firehose style nozzle then let it soak for a bit.
Yes, an 1-1/2 fire hose at 60 gpm will get the mud off in about a minute, done it many times.

AD877EBC CCE9 48CC AD50 0F57CEB69187

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
View attachment 163807
Super easy. After a long day of mudding find a crick and drive through. Now drive it to dry. Easy sleezy. ;)

HaHa! There aren't any "cricks" south of I-20. Mostly bayous, maybe a muddy creek.
Where I ride, there is only gumbo.
The most effective thing you can do to help is spray it off with a water hose immediately. If you have to wait until the next day to wash it, at least get what you can spray as soon as you get to a water hose.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I do it old school . I take a couple of hours was it by hand even under neath, blow it off with a backpack blower to dry it , then some SC 1 . I 'll get it nasty but it will look like it never happened when I an done. I am weird like that. It has never been pressure washed , yet. I take alot pf pride in keeping it clean between rides.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have ordered my very own foam cannon, and some chemical brothers soap. I guess I should go get muddy now??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
F

Fox500

Mar 12, 2017
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Discovered this at one of my son’s hare scramble races Works great on mud and deer blood Just follow the instructions

6D9136AC A2BB 4E81 A624 0A8136077793

papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I like to wash mine in my front yard, does any of the store-bought stuff kill the grass?

longrhoads

longrhoads

Lifetime Member
Oct 10, 2019
US
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After a mud ride, I put mine in the driveway and put a cheap whirlybird sprinkler under it and let it do it’s thing. I do let it sit for about 5 minutes or so and pull the hose so sprinkler can do it’s thing in a different spot.
This takes a lot of work out of trying to get mud out of all the hard to reach places. After that, you do what you do with what you do it with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ehart814
R

rickoshea

i had to winterize my electric pressure washer and shut off my hose bibs,now it's just a muddy mess till the spring.way too cold to soak it in water.it'll get even worse when i tear around with the tracks on it.i got filthy just checking my oil levels last week.now the best i can do is clean the windshield and sweep out all the pine needles.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I like to wash mine in my front yard, does any of the store-bought stuff kill the grass?
If you wash it in the grass after riding in different parts of the country, you start to collect some cool plant life in your front yard! I wash mine in my driveway but the ditch the water runs off into has some weird flowers, plants, and weeds growing that aren't anywhere else.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I use car soap on mine and bleach white on tires. I wash it on the drive way but it runs into the grass and has never hurt it.

Reactions: Mudwing
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you wash it in the grass after riding in different parts of the country, you start to collect some cool plant life in your front yard! I wash mine in my driveway but the ditch the water runs off into has some weird flowers, plants, and weeds growing that aren't anywhere else.
Boy that is the truth.. lot of weeds pop up where the dirt that is washed off settles

I started trying to hit a car wash on the way home if I can - Get as much off as possible even while on the trailer

Cal

Cal

Apr 15, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a used Husky gas pressure-washer years ago for $100 and she's still going strong. Since then I bought this wand flow control RYOBI Pressure Washer Flow Control Valve-RY31019 - The Home Depot

Then I bought this to clean my concrete driveway when I sold my house. RYOBI Pressure Washer Water Broom-RY31211 - The Home Depot The undercarriage setting works pretty well.

I use a Y adapter off of the pressure washer with a garden hose sprayer. I spray it down really well with the pressure-washer. The flow control just helps keep mud from splattering everywhere else. Then after I've busted all of the mud loose I use the garden hose sprayer to wash all the mud out. It works really good to keep it from splattering back all over what I've already washed. Then I throw the undercarriage washer underneath and spray it out the best I can. this seems to really get it clean fast.

Reactions: Backwoods
Cal

Cal

Apr 15, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a used Husky gas pressure-washer years ago for $100 and she's still going strong. Since then I bought this wand flow control RYOBI Pressure Washer Flow Control Valve-RY31019 - The Home Depot

Then I bought this to clean my concrete driveway when I sold my house. RYOBI Pressure Washer Water Broom-RY31211 - The Home Depot The undercarriage setting works pretty well.

I use a Y adapter off of the pressure washer with a garden hose sprayer. I spray it down really well with the pressure-washer. The flow control just helps keep mud from splattering everywhere else. Then after I've busted all of the mud loose I use the garden hose sprayer to wash all the mud out. It works really good to keep it from splattering back all over what I've already washed. Then I throw the undercarriage washer underneath and spray it out the best I can. this seems to really get it clean fast.
I don't know why it added a link where I typed "pressure washer"...???

Reactions: jeffasweet
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!