P1000m5 Waterproof box for 1k5

K

Kbuc

Aug 17, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been looking for places to put tools/etc on my new sxs. Haven’t had time to work on the rear door mod, so I’ve been looking for spots to store stuff.
Saw someone used a pelican case down in the footwell of the rear seats but I’m cheap and was on the mission to find something cheaper.
The best I could do was the small Apache case from Harbor Freight. Cheaper than the Pelican.
Initially it didn’t fit, but with some high tech machining, I was able to get to slide in and be able to lower and lock the bed without it hitting the plastic paneling.
May not be pretty, but now I have a waterproof storage box for my air compressor and tire repair items.
IMG 1177
IMG 1176

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dremel and an angle grinder.
height was too high so I ground the feet and ribs off. The forward facing end needed the ribs ground off and the rear corner lip was ground off as far as I could go without compromising the waterproofness.
Thank you Kbuc

You did a good job 👍
HF to the rescue, again.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’ve been looking for places to put tools/etc on my new sxs. Haven’t had time to work on the rear door mod, so I’ve been looking for spots to store stuff.
Saw someone used a pelican case down in the footwell of the rear seats but I’m cheap and was on the mission to find something cheaper.
The best I could do was the small Apache case from Harbor Freight. Cheaper than the Pelican.
Initially it didn’t fit, but with some high tech machining, I was able to get to slide in and be able to lower and lock the bed without it hitting the plastic paneling.
May not be pretty, but now I have a waterproof storage box for my air compressor and tire repair items.
View attachment 400793View attachment 400794
Looks good. Why not pack outs in the back? Then they wont get packed with mud like where u have that? I get it packots are not cheep but buy once cry once.
IMG 5270

K

Kbuc

Aug 17, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good. Why not pack outs in the back? Then they wont get packed with mud like where u have that? I get it packots are not cheep but buy once cry once.
Pack ours are great. My dilemma is that I need to keep the bed clear for my pointers. I figured if I was able to throw as much stuff in cracks and crevices, I’ll have room for dogs and a cooler in the bed

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Pack ours are great. My dilemma is that I need to keep the bed clear for my pointers. I figured if I was able to throw as much stuff in cracks and crevices, I’ll have room for dogs and a cooler in the bed
Makes since. Hard to put dogs in the back with packouts

Reactions: -Bear- and TxDoc
J

JoshInReno

Oct 4, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the idea. I got this from Amazon and didn't have to do any grinding. It's a bit smaller than the HF one but it fits well.

Case

20231004 144915 20231004 145844

Last edited:
J

JoshInReno

Oct 4, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure what went wrong the first time so I edited the link. Seems ok now but let me know if it still won't work.

Reactions: TxDoc
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The best I could do was the small Apache case from Harbor Freight...
I wanted to see your interior dimensions so I looked it up. It looks like the 2800 is a medium box, dimensions are:

11-7/8 in. x 9 in. x 5-5/16 in.

Link

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's a good place to get some storage. Do you have to fight with that box to get it in and out since you had to shoehorn it in? I like that you've got the biggest box you can get in there, but I'd hate to have to wrestle with it...

K

Kbuc

Aug 17, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's a good place to get some storage. Do you have to fight with that box to get it in and out since you had to shoehorn it in? I like that you've got the biggest box you can get in there, but I'd hate to have to wrestle with it...
Yep it is the medium size. I was wrong.

the box slips in and out easily, although it fits better with the handle toward the center of the vehicle. Surprisingly though, the box fits loose on the right side. I haven’t bought a second one yet, but I’m guessing the HF medium will fit there without and mods.

Reactions: TxDoc and Scoop
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I use 20 litre dry bags, like for kayaking. I know what's in them by the color, like a first aid kit and water in the red one.
They keep the dust and mud out, and you just put them on the ground and hose 'em down for cleaning.
They're easy to tuck into that footwell.

Reactions: P1K5Dave and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use 20 litre dry bags, like for kayaking. I know what's in them by the color, like a first aid kit and water in the red one.
They keep the dust and mud out, and you just put them on the ground and hose 'em down for cleaning.
They're easy to tuck into that footwell.
Thanks StewB.

That's something new to me. I'm have to check those out

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!