P700 Weatherproof Box for inside dump box

Tim-1000 XT-R

Tim-1000 XT-R

Nov 2, 2018
Oakdale, MN
I'm looking for ideas on a weatherproof box to put in the dump box. Hopefully find one that is flush with the top of the box or shorter. Any ideas? Pics would be nice if you have them. I want to keep a jacket, gloves, hat, tire repair kit, small air compressor, first aid kit and small tool kit in it. Thanks for any help.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm looking for ideas on a weatherproof box to put in the dump box. Hopefully find one that is flush with the top of the box or shorter. Any ideas? Pics would be nice if you have them. I want to keep a jacket, gloves, hat, tire repair kit, small air compressor, first aid kit and small tool kit in it. Thanks for any help.
Hum, I think I would look for a new location?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Like where @Smitty335?
We give him some examples.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Well under the drivers side seat area, if you don't have it filled with stereo or other equipment, but is a pain to get to. Other area that comes to mind is the front of the bed on the vertical , but the bed isn't flat for mounting a box. Or the bottom of the roof, which would make getting to easy, just hard to pack, and I don't like to add weight up high, think the best solution is to do the side door storage compartment modifications and use dry storage stuff sacks for all the stuff you don't want to get wet. Hows that for my opinion ? All recommendations welcomed!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well under the drivers side seat area, if you don't have it filled with stereo or other equipment, but is a pain to get to. Other area that comes to mind is the front of the bed on the vertical , but the bed isn't flat for mounting a box. Or the bottom of the roof, which would make getting to easy, just hard to pack, and I don't like to add weight up high, think the best solution is to do the side door storage compartment modifications and use dry storage stuff sacks for all the stuff you don't want to get wet. Hows that for my opinion ? All recommendations welcomed!
Whoops, I'm not that familiar with P7 -2, still wouldn't go high, can you do the storage mods in the front doors and rear panels?

Tim-1000 XT-R

Tim-1000 XT-R

Nov 2, 2018
Oakdale, MN

Thanks for the reply. Not sure what the side door storage compartment mod is, but I'm assuming it is for the 4 seat version. I have the 700-2. But will read up on it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the reply. Not sure what the side door storage compartment mod is, but I'm assuming it is for the 4 seat version. I have the 700-2. But will read up on it.
I was thinking, leaving as much bed area open as possible, I haul fire wood, chain saw, fuel, oil. You may not need the room in your bed for all that. If you don't the Ridged boxes are hard to beat and they come in a lot of sizes that lock together, for one tie down point.

advertisement