• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

Talon Weird Talon factory exhaust outlet/spark arrestor position

Discussion in 'General Talon 1000 Discussion' started by cummins14, Jul 30, 2019.

1. cummins14

cummins14 Member

Ownership:
    Talon X
    We purchased a pair of Talons, my wife bought one and I bought the other actually. I immediately noticed that one had the exhaust outlet positioned differently from the other one. All of the other units they had in stock had the pipe pointing straight down toward the ground between the rear tire and the plastic muffler shroud just like my other machine. The odd unit had the pipe pointed out and kinda up from the vehicle as pictured. I guess someone on the assembly line was playing around ?

2. MFG

MFG Active Member

Ownership:
    Talon R
    I saw another picture of one like that on this site. I thought they just moved it to that position. Maybe not?

3. dilligaff82

dilligaff82 Active Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    You’d think the dealerships would catch stuff like this during prep.

CumminsPusher likes this.
  4. cummins14

cummins14 Member

Ownership:
    Talon X
    I actually think I like it better this way as the factory position could possibly add heat to the right rear inner tire sidewall. I checked the heat and it doesn't affect the plastic muffler cover, so I ended up changing the other machine to match this one. The only issue I could see is that water could enter easier than when they are turned down. Most of the aftermarket exhaust systems turn the exhaust out the back at some type of horizontal direction.

5. ohanacreek

ohanacreek My EcoBoost has I4WD
    Moderator Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    I think dealerships CAUSE things like this during prep!

stellarpod likes this.
  6. HondaTech

HondaTech Working For Mother Honda!!
    Lifetime Member Club Contributor

Yeah that's definately an assembly fail and a dealer prep fail.

Its places like this that make every dealer look bad.

nm6r likes this.