BOX1

Talon Weird Talon factory exhaust outlet/spark arrestor position

cummins14

cummins14

Jul 18, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
We purchased a pair of Talons, my wife bought one and I bought the other actually. I immediately noticed that one had the exhaust outlet positioned differently from the other one. All of the other units they had in stock had the pipe pointing straight down toward the ground between the rear tire and the plastic muffler shroud just like my other machine. The odd unit had the pipe pointed out and kinda up from the vehicle as pictured. I guess someone on the assembly line was playing around ?

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
We purchased a pair of Talons, my wife bought one and I bought the other actually. I immediately noticed that one had the exhaust outlet positioned differently from the other one. All of the other units they had in stock had the pipe pointing straight down toward the ground between the rear tire and the plastic muffler shroud just like my other machine. The odd unit had the pipe pointed out and kinda up from the vehicle as pictured. I guess someone on the assembly line was playing around ?
I saw another picture of one like that on this site. I thought they just moved it to that position. Maybe not?

cummins14

cummins14

Jul 18, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I actually think I like it better this way as the factory position could possibly add heat to the right rear inner tire sidewall. I checked the heat and it doesn't affect the plastic muffler cover, so I ended up changing the other machine to match this one. The only issue I could see is that water could enter easier than when they are turned down. Most of the aftermarket exhaust systems turn the exhaust out the back at some type of horizontal direction.

H

HondaTech

Yeah that's definately an assembly fail and a dealer prep fail.

Its places like this that make every dealer look bad.

Reactions: nm6r
CostaRicaTalon

CostaRicaTalon

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2023
Costa Rica
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m late to this party. But I’m actually thinking about trying it in this direction. Facing out. In dry season here our dirt roads get EXGREMELY dusty. And I notice if I’m at high rpm (which is almost always in the talon) I’m kickin up SO much dust. And I’m definitely not spinning tire.
Pretty sure the downward exhaust is just creating a dusty mess at high rpm.

Reactions: Plumber32
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
most run a flexible steel exhaust hose from the muffler exit to the roof to cut down on the dust generation.....:eek:

Reactions: CostaRicaTalon
lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I think I kinda like it turned out that way. Like CostaRica Talon mentioned on dusty roads kicking up more dust, plus, I think I saw on here somewhere that someone else had it turned out and it made the Talon a little quieter. I might have to try it.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I think I kinda like it turned out that way. Like CostaRica Talon mentioned on dusty roads kicking up more dust, plus, I think I saw on here somewhere that someone else had it turned out and it made the Talon a little quieter. I might have to try it.
be super careful backing those bolts out - if ya didn't anti-sneeze them from new - most will snap and a 2 minute job turned into a pita......good luck

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!