Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Untitled 1

Would like to officially welcome Appalachian Mountain Riders to the Honda SxS Club.
@jay_man81 has been working hard to build his brand!

New video's every Tuesday and Thursday.

Join @jay_man81 to see what the Appalachian mountain range has to offer for power sport enthusiast and automotive enthusiast alike. Trial riding, ATV/ UTV reviews, automotive shenanigans, and of coarse upgrading and mechanical tips, good times are to be had no matter what is going on.

T-shirts, hoodies, long sleeve shirts, mugs, and stickers available here:
Appalachian Mountain Riders

Join the Riders on
Youtube: AppalachianMountianRiders
Facebook: Appalachian Mountain Riders
Instagram: Appalachian Mountain Riders (@appalachianmountainriders) • Instagram photos and videos

Support his channel and get access to exclusive content and early access to videos by becoming a Patron:
Appalachian Mountain Riders are creating Video's dealing with Power Sports and Automotive Industries | Patreon

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lots of BIG plans in the works guys so make sure to stop in often!

A big thanks to Hondasxs for allowing me to officially be part of this great forum full of amazing people!

Keep on Riding!
Was just watching the X4 walk around, and have watched some other vids as well. Nice work!

But...1st, you must pass the real test:
Having grown up on the edge of the Apps in NC, i know how to spot a "foreigner" from a true-born App resident...

How do you pronounce Appalachian?
1) Apple-AT-CHUN

2) Apple-LAY-SHUN

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Was just watching the X4 walk around, and have watched some other vids as well. Nice work!

But...1st, you must pass the real test:
Having grown up on the edge of the Apps in NC, i know how to spot a "foreigner" from a true-born App resident...

How do you pronounce Appalachian?
1) Apple-AT-CHUN

2) Apple-LAY-SHUN
You’ll have to watch the first part of my review for the softer springs on the Walker Evans shocks. I let my true Appalachian dialect slip through part way into the vid. Around the 9:50 mark...lol.

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
You’ll have to watch the first part of my review for the softer springs on the Walker Evans shocks. I let my true Appalachian dialect slip through part way into the vid. Around the 9:50 mark...lol.
Well...you got it right the 3rd time while crossing the crick! Apple-AT-CHUN (or Ap-ah-latch-un)!

I'm sure Apple-LAY-SHUN is probably the proper, textbook way of saying it, but I've never met anyone from there who says it that way. Only NPR/PBS, Californians, and Lib college professors. Go to Boone and tell somebody you're there to watch the Apple-lay-shun game, and they will stare at you like your unborn twin just stuck his head out of your ear and started singing "I love New York".

Last edited:
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I guess this guy is too cool for hondasxs.com these days? He has been doing some major upgrades to his 500. Too bad he doesn't share it here.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I guess this guy is too cool for hondasxs.com these days? He has been doing some major upgrades to his 500. Too bad he doesn't share it here.
There was an "incident" where he set up a GoFundMe or similar type of account for a new computer so he could continue to make videos for everyone ( keep in mind this is a guy who owned BOTH a 500 and 1000 at the time). It was taken by many as pretty arrogant, and a bit of tongue lashing occurred.
After that, his posting declined. He also sold his 1000 for a Yamaha, so his interest here isn't what it was.
I actually thought he was still linking his vids here...but looked like it's been a year.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought he was already a member and seeing his join date of 2016...? Aren't you the guy that wanted us to help you with a gofundme but didn't want to sell off your other stuff? LOL I don't care either way. Some of your videos you made in the past helped me get through some of my 500 challenges, so thanks for that!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
There was an "incident" where he set up a GoFundMe or similar type of account for a new computer so he could continue to make videos for everyone ( keep in mind this is a guy who owned BOTH a 500 and 1000 at the time). It was taken by many as pretty arrogant, and a bit of tongue lashing occurred.
After that, his posting declined. He also sold his 1000 for a Yamaha, so his interest here isn't what it was.
I actually thought he was still linking his vids here...but looked like it's been a year.

Haha! I must have been in hibernation when that happened. I figured there must have been an incident. That is pretty ridiculous about a gofundme...hilarious actually. Yeah, if i had been around when that happened i'd have for sure had some comments.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Haha! I must have been in hibernation when that happened. I figured there must have been an incident. That is pretty ridiculous about a gofundme...hilarious actually. Yeah, if i had been around when that happened i'd have for sure had some comments.
I think the thread was deleted. Things stayed pretty cordial, if I recall, but it was kind of a dumb thing to ask and people told him.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I think the thread was deleted. Things stayed pretty cordial, if I recall, but it was kind of a dumb thing to ask and people told him.

This new knowledge gives me a great idea. I really want some new shocks for my 1000-5 and I can't afford to buy them. So i'm sure everyone here feels sorry for me, so if I set up a gofundme y'all would be super excited to buy me some new shocks!!!! Brilliant!!! Thanks in advance!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
This new knowledge gives me a great idea. I really want some new shocks for my 1000-5 and I can't afford to buy them. So i'm sure everyone here feels sorry for me, so if I set up a gofundme y'all would be super excited to buy me some new shocks!!!! Brilliant!!! Thanks in advance!
Long as you want a good tongue lashing. And not the kind that makes your eyes roll back in your head...

I think the guy does decent videos, but I can't stand his voice. That said, I hate the sound of my voice on video way more.

There was also one where you got most of the video, but to finish it you had to be a patreon supporter or something like that, but extortion is not something I tend to support, so I haven't watched many since then.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!