BOX1

Welcome Hillbilly Brake as a club vendor!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Please help me welcome @Hillbilly Brake as our newest club vendor.

The Hillbilly Brake is an awesome little attachment that mounts to your brake peddle to create a parking brake for the Pioneer 1000 and Talon 1000.
It mounts with 2 bolts and can be set by pressing the brake and pushing it to engage. It auto dis-engages when you press the brake.
I use mine all the time when stopped on a hill. I also use it when on the trailer to help with rolling.
It also features a locking point where you can place a padlock to help prevent theft.

Check out their website HERE --> Honda SXS Accessories | Hillbilly Brake

They also have plans to attend the 2021 Pioneer Takeover as a top sponsor.

SP82

SP82

Jan 21, 2021
CA
I actually stumbled across this a few weeks ago and can attest it works great, easy install, fair price and fast shipping. Bought it mainly for traveling , mine goes in a toy hauler so I’d hate to have it wiggle loose and kill some cabinet doors.
It better than a stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad to finally have vendor participation on the Forum. We are excited and looking forward to attending and being a part of 2021 Pioneer Takeover.
Welcome to the forum from Canton, OH.
Rumor has it that because the red ones are faster they require the special order hillbilly brake red model to hold them back. I'm glad you guys looked out for the red machine owners like that. Some companies just aren't aware of the red advantage.

#NTC

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought one a few months back and it’s sitting in the parts bin with some other items right now. Now that it’s warming up it’s time to resume the build.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Why put it in neutral and not in park?
I tie down my machine by the wheels, so the suspension moves. I dont want the shock of that slight movement on the drivetrain. Kind of like putting you truck in park on a hill and letting it roll a little till the transmission pawl catchs the weight.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad to finally have vendor participation on the Forum. We are excited and looking forward to attending and being a part of 2021 Pioneer Takeover.
Any ideas on how to tighten up the pressure? Mine sets nice and firm but after a while, if I’m parked on a hill and in neutral it will start to roll. This happens primarily when the brakes have been warmed up.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I tie down my machine by the wheels, so the suspension moves. I dont want the shock of that slight movement on the drivetrain. Kind of like putting you truck in park on a hill and letting it roll a little till the transmission pawl catchs the weight.
I bet both the SxS and your truck are designed to handle that kind of load.
People freak out when when they hear the pop of a transmission coming out of park but if your from a place that is hilly it’s normal.
I’ll bet they don’t have high claims on transmission park failures in San Francisco (clutches yes, trannys no )
Also, if the brake master cylinder has any bleed off the SxS can start to move around on long trips (like you tend to do).

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I bet both the SxS and your truck are designed to handle that kind of load.
People freak out when when they hear the pop of a transmission coming out of park but if your from a place that is hilly it’s normal.
I’ll bet they don’t have high claims on transmission park failures in San Francisco (clutches yes, trannys no )
Also, if the brake master cylinder has any bleed off the SxS can start to move around on long trips (like you tend to do).
I know your in site is more than the normal, and I hear ya. I also do this with my tractor, just habit passed down from my Dad.
I'm glad it wont hurt anything! Learn something new today!!! Thank you @lee

Hillbilly Brake

Hillbilly Brake

Vendor
Apr 4, 2021
Urbana, Ohio
www.hillbillybrake.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any ideas on how to tighten up the pressure? Mine sets nice and firm but after a while, if I’m parked on a hill and in neutral it will start to roll. This happens primarily when the brakes have been warmed up.
You can adjust your brake pedal position slightly to add more pressure when the Hillbilly Brake is engaged. There is a nut on the clevis on the bottom/backside of the brake arm.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChadD
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!