P700 Wet Sounds Stealth-10 Draining Battery

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hey guys, I installed a Wet Sounds Stealth-10 on my 700 last December. First one was defective, but Crutchfield promptly replaced it. Anyway, after that, a month later, my battery was dead, and wouldn't charge. Two years old? Not sure if this is the normal lifespan for ATV batteries. It was winter, and I never set it up to trickle charge. So, I bought a new battery. Everything was fine then. A few weeks ago, I try to start it, and it's dead again. I hadn't run it in over a month, so maybe it's just that, but seems to me that maybe my sound bar may be draining it. It's supposed to not use any power when off. It's wired directly to the battery, so I have no way of making sure it's not drawing any power.

Anyone else have this issue? Could it be just from the cold weather and lack of use? Is there any easy way I can tell if it's drawing any current when off?

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Do you have a power switch to remove all power from the sound bar when not in use?

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
your suppose to wire it with a switch that cuts all power to it. I'm sure i read that somewhere.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
If you have a volt/ohm meter, you can connect the leads in series to see if the sound bar is drawing current with the power off.
Disconnect the positive lead, and hook the positive meter lead to the battery side, and the negative meter lead to the sound bar side. If it measures any current when off then that is your problem. You will want to put a switch on it

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I put a switch on the dash for mine. So far it's good.

Bc0941481c93d38f12a7d67f597fa1d3

Reactions: sharp and TViertel
C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
your suppose to wire it with a switch that cuts all power to it. I'm sure i read that somewhere.

Nope. The instructions state to wire it directly to the battery. It has an inline fuse on the + wire. It also states: Automatic Shut off system that turns itself off after 10 minutes of no source to not drain battery system.

I ran it this weekend with no problems, so maybe it was just the month or two since I started it and the cold weather that caused the dead battery. I'll just have to keep an eye on it. I do also want to try what Springer said and hook my amp meter up in line with it to see if it's showing any.

Reactions: sharp and scott

68xlch

Nov 1, 2018
usa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope. The instructions state to wire it directly to the battery. It has an inline fuse on the + wire. It also states: Automatic Shut off system that turns itself off after 10 minutes of no source to not drain battery system.

I ran it this weekend with no problems, so maybe it was just the month or two since I started it and the cold weather that caused the dead battery. I'll just have to keep an eye on it. I do also want to try what Springer said and hook my amp meter up in line with it to see if it's showing any.
IT DOES USE POWER. TALKED TO WETSOUNDS . THEY TOLD ME IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE BLUETOOTH. THE TOLD ME TO PUT A SHUT OFF SWITCH IN

C

clombardi

Feb 5, 2018
Wake Forest, NC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had the same issue even though the latest rev of the system states that you can direct wire it. Not too pleased with wetsounds customer service so I took it off and will instead mount it on my boat. Other issue I had was I kept snacking my skull on it.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My light bar is constantly looking for power I keep mine trickle charged for the same reason found the battery drained.

68xlch

Nov 1, 2018
usa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, I installed a Wet Sounds Stealth-10 on my 700 last December. First one was defective, but Crutchfield promptly replaced it. Anyway, after that, a month later, my battery was dead, and wouldn't charge. Two years old? Not sure if this is the normal lifespan for ATV batteries. It was winter, and I never set it up to trickle charge. So, I bought a new battery. Everything was fine then. A few weeks ago, I try to start it, and it's dead again. I hadn't run it in over a month, so maybe it's just that, but seems to me that maybe my sound bar may be draining it. It's supposed to not use any power when off. It's wired directly to the battery, so I have no way of making sure it's not drawing any power.

Anyone else have this issue? Could it be just from the cold weather and lack of use? Is there any easy way I can tell if it's drawing any current when off?
I talked to wet sounds and it does use power even when its off. put a cut out switch on battery

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!