P500 What are these clamps on the 500 rack?

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
I bought a used 2015 500, and it has these clamps on the rear rack. What are they for?

Clamp1
Clamp2

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks!. I was just posting a pic with arrows, but glad you know what they are. There's a lot of 'good' things I found on this unit, but an equally number of bad things too. I've replaced about 2 dozen push pins, redone a lot of wiring, replaced a missing bumper flair, and washed out about 2 gallons of mud. But, all and in all, I'm still happy. Until the next shoe drops :)

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks!. I was just posting a pic with arrows, but glad you know what they are. There's a lot of 'good' things I found on this unit, but an equally number of bad things too. I've replaced about 2 dozen push pins, redone a lot of wiring, replaced a missing bumper flair, and washed out about 2 gallons of mud. But, all and in all, I'm still happy. Until the next shoe drops :)
2 gallons you say...........the man must've kept up with it then.....😂😂😂

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
BTW, @trigger, I've still not yet installed your soon to be patented heat shield, but that's next. I replaced all the bolts and push pins under the seat, but forgot about the shield. That's next.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
2 gallons you say...........the man must've kept up with it then.....😂😂😂

That's what I was thinking! Bought a bag of pins a long time ago and have replaced a ton. When you're constantly adding stuff, you're always redoing the wiring. When I dropped my skid plate after a Takeover, it had 2 or 3" inches of mud all the way across it and weighed about #60, damn near broke my arm when it fell. If you ride hard this stuff becomes normal maintenance.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
That's what I was thinking! Bought a bag of pins a long time ago and have replaced a ton. When you're constantly adding stuff, you're always redoing the wiring. When I dropped my skid plate after a Takeover, it had 2 or 3" inches of mud all the way across it and weighed about #60, damn near broke my arm when it fell. If you ride hard this stuff becomes normal maintenance.

Thats good to know. I dropped the front skid plate, but will drop all of them and power wash everything, again. I don't do mudding, but don't care about those who do. This unit appears to have been buried to the axels.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thats good to know. I dropped the front skid plate, but will drop all of them and power wash everything, again. I don't do mudding, but don't care about those who do. This unit appears to have been buried to the axels.
You'll be alright, just find a lake/pond and give it hell 👍
Best way to wash'm 😉

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Heck , sounds like you got a virgin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!