P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda OEM Mirror mounts with soft upper doors.
These could likely work with any mirror' mount bolt pattern.

Contact @tjoreo for a great engineered solution to mirror mounts for Honda Soft Upper Doors.

These 3D printed mirror mounts are made specifically to fit your Honda Pioneer and Oem soft upper doors.

The quality is excellent and the design is intuitive to real world accessory fit.
Made by a forum member for the benefit of us all.
Dirtstiff approved!!
Thanks again!

View attachment 421780
View attachment 421781
Do these fit either generation Honda doors?

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gen 2 for sure.
I'm not certain if there is a difference in the support frame between gen 1 and 2.
My guess is they are the same or similar and will work.
I believe @HBarlow has the Gen 1 upper doors and the brackets worked fine for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayger143
C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
306139c525226cd6fef470bc7eaa3ec6
O yeah, show and go now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting some pieces together to make Bender street legal. Found these on Chinazon for $135 and decided to roll the dice. Not a lot of decent “real” reviews so I’ll drop my thoughts here first.
IMG 0242

As you can see there are 2 different versions. I went with the extra 2 lights. Right now my dad has Bender at his place and uses it to feed the cows and goats. So the flood and spot light features sounded good for us. The amber turn signals do that thing some blinkers do? The thing, where it begins closest to the rig and lights up on the way out? No idea what that’s called. Segmented?
IMG 0235

The mounting brackets feel beefy, but when I placed them side by side to take a picture, they bound up when I tried taking the bolt out. Had to tap them with a wrench to get the single-side-bolt design to release. They are aluminum with a coating. The lower one is how they are mounted so the windshield will sit flush. The clamping portion is about an inch deep, or the bent part of an Allen. (2 provided in the kit)
IMG 0236

IMG 0240

IMG 0241

They light up great! They do NOT come with any switches, but the wire leads from the mirrors will reach the other side of the SXS and almost back to itself. I WOULD have put these switches in, and the same brand blinker switch, but imagine that, Scammazon is having issues with my order…
IMG 0243

I think for what I need them for, to be road legal, these will be fine. I think a bit of rough off-roading or a couple years on the farm, they’ll loosen up and need to be fixed. I do think they’re fixable for anyone competent, and would be very nice for a golf course or concrete-queen rig.

Whole situation was $135 for the mirrors, and $30 for the switches. So far, mirrors get a 4* from me. The lights are bright for the daylight and I like the blinker light style. Fixture bolts may be better if I file the coating rough and put some thread lock on the bolts.

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Long time no see!

Today was the day I replaced my stock rear Bighorn tires, after 9,051 miles over 3 riding seasons. Last year I bought a couple Wanda clones for the front which were very worn, as the rears were not ready to go. The plan was to have cheap fronts wear out in one year to keep from buying all 4 until this Spring. That worked great, I got another season out of the rears and the Wandas lasted 2,500 miles - one riding season.

I installed Tusk Terrabites in stock size on the stock wheels. I have 17 psi rear and 16 psi front. 3 pounds over recommended 14/13 respectively. I rode across town up to 40 mph, and I can say the tire noise is absolutely gone! Soooo quiet now. I hope to get many seasons out of them.

Any suggestions on running the Terrabites based on your experiences? My Pioneer is a road buggy and rarely sees off road beyond grass and a little dry dirt.

IMG 2797 IMG 2798 IMG 2799 IMG 2800 IMG 2801 IMG 2796

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!