P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What did I do with my pioneer today? Well for starters I spent about 3 hours trying to get the rear diff lock adjusted so that turf mode would work. They changed the diff control for 2022 and I have to say the new one is easier to access but needs to be a lot more finely dialed in to get it to act right. We’re talking about 0.25 millimeters of difference (in the gap between the two pieces in the adjustment apparatus) between it functioning perfectly and it either staying locked all the time or unlocked all the time regardless of 2wd/turf mode lever or gear lever position. I’ll save everyone some time. It’s easier to get right if you put it in 2wd (locked) and make sure it’s locked BEFORE you put it in park/turf mode to adjust per the manual. I had it up and down on jack stands for the first 2 hours before I realized it was not actually engaging the diff lock in park so I wasn’t getting a proper reference point on where to start making adjustments. This by the way is on a machine with 10 hours on it. I’ve never seen one this far out of adjustment from the factory… it was at least 3 full turns too loose at first so would not unlock even though the dash was showing it as unlocked. So just FYI for anyone who upgrades from a pre-22 to a 22+ model.

After that I spent about 30 minutes installing RB3 door bushings on all 4 doors and adjusting the bed latch (also slightly different for 22+) and now it’s squeak free. So at least one part of the “fun” afternoon I had planned went well lol.
Put tubing over the latch rods and the squeak goes away. Also, if it’s new let the dealership fix the trans adjustment…I see that as their problem.

W

Wbstevens1

Feb 25, 2023
Lake Oconee, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Put tubing over the latch rods and the squeak goes away. Also, if it’s new let the dealership fix the trans adjustment…I see that as their problem.
Yea I used a short piece of fuel line (either 3/16” or 1/4” ID, it was a short piece of scrap and didn’t have the size printed on the piece I had left) which was a bit smaller than the latch rod and used a little windex and forced it on. It’s on so tightly I doubt it will ever work its way off. I do like this better than the old bed latch that was a “U” shape and had to cut the fuel line long ways and use zip ties. This new single rod style latch rattles just as bad but seems like the rubber tubing fix will last a lot longer. For the diff adjustment the closest dealer to me is a little over an hour away and is 3 weeks out on service jobs right now. Ain’t nobody got time for that lol.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dreamt about replacing the battery I cannot afford to replace…Crunchy has been sadly sitting in the same spot all winter long.😭 Saddies….

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea I used a short piece of fuel line (either 3/16” or 1/4” ID, it was a short piece of scrap and didn’t have the size printed on the piece I had left) which was a bit smaller than the latch rod and used a little windex and forced it on. It’s on so tightly I doubt it will ever work its way off. I do like this better than the old bed latch that was a “U” shape and had to cut the fuel line long ways and use zip ties. This new single rod style latch rattles just as bad but seems like the rubber tubing fix will last a lot longer. For the diff adjustment the closest dealer to me is a little over an hour away and is 3 weeks out on service jobs right now. Ain’t nobody got time for that lol.
FF778E69 D0E0 4784 A001 D90F72E46741

NO HOMO OR HOMOERECTUS OR HOMOGIGANTOPITHECUS….BUT WELCOME….

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Dreamt about replacing the battery I cannot afford to replace…Crunchy has been sadly sitting in the same spot all winter long.😭 Saddies….
I can start a GoFundMe ... ;)

• Love
Reactions: 100Acre
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You riding the Copper Basin, Antelope Pass…etc?
We actually live a little farther south between Twin Falls and Sun Valley. We usually ride between that area but have occasionally rode in Copper Basin and Antelope Pass. The Copper Basin area is a very neat area with alot of mining and homesteading history. Last year we rode from an area we hunt alot just south called Fish Creek into Copper Basin. There is a summit you have to cross but miles of roads when you get into Copper Basin. We ran into a group that took a longer trip from Burley (along I84) across the desert, into Copper Basin and were on their way back. They were riding Razors so I was a little worried but I guess they made it alright. Haha In the town of Mackay, they have a mine tour you can take your Utv or such around just west of town. It is really cool to see how the old timers survived. If you every make it south these areas are pretty cool to ride. Enjoy.

361Dustin

361Dustin

Jan 2, 2021
South Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So my neighbor and I were looking at my 1000/5 talking about chopping a few inches off the top yesterday evening. I didn't have much going today today so I really started looking into it and doing some measuring, tapped off the pillars and went for it. So far I have cut 3 inches off. Im having some sleeves machined that should be ready tomorrow ,then set the roof back on it and see if how it looks. I may do a little more cutting once I get a better look at it with the roof back in place.

advertisement
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So my neighbor and I were looking at my 1000/5 talking about chopping a few inches off the top yesterday evening. I didn't have much going today today so I really started looking into it and doing some measuring, tapped off the pillars and went for it. So far I have cut 3 inches off. Im having some sleeves machined that should be ready tomorrow ,then set the roof back on it and see if how it looks. I may do a little more cutting once I get a better look at it with the roof back in place.
You'll be happy with the look 👍post some pics

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Programmed my new *hacked* amateur mobile radio for GMRS, weather and some 2M/7cm stuff before I install it. I didn't want to put anything expensive in there, so I went with an Anytone AT-778UV (China's finest!). Programmed with CHIRP.

I also received the Axia Alloys roll cage antenna mount/clamp. Pricy, but very solid.

Still waiting on the antenna and coax cable.

At

Reactions: Smittyp and Bandman
Bandman

Bandman

Jul 17, 2021
Hayden Lake, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Programmed my new *hacked* amateur mobile radio for GMRS, weather and some 2M/7cm stuff before I install it. I didn't want to put anything expensive in there, so I went with an Anytone AT-778UV (China's finest!). Programmed with CHIRP.

I also received the Axia Alloys roll cage antenna mount/clamp. Pricy, but very solid.

Still waiting on the antenna and coax cable.

View attachment 380166
I used the Browning BR-136 NGP tri-band with the same clamp and a TYT-8600 70cm/2m hacked for GMRS.

20221202 163009 20221202 163034

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I used the Browning BR-136 NGP tri-band with the same clamp and a TYT-8600 70cm/2m hacked for GMRS.
Which clamp did you use for the radio to the roll bar? A Honda OEM clamp? Looks like something else, though.

I'm gonna test it out with a simple Tram 1181 dual band. For GMRS, I plan on running either the Midland MXTA26 6dB gain whip or the MXTA25 3dB gain ghost antenna. For ham, I haven't decided yet.

Not sure what radio or antenna I will choose when I drop bigger dollars on a better mobile radio setup for the pickup truck. Heck, not even sure if I'll go with just one or go legit with two compliant radios (Part 90, Part95e) for both HA and ZA in the truck. For ZA, I'm really eyeing the Wouxun KG-1000G Plus.

Last edited:
Bandman

Bandman

Jul 17, 2021
Hayden Lake, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just drilled out one of the slots on the regular radio mount to bolt it right to the SuperATV windshield mount…here’s a better picture:

20221202 140548 20221202 132101
My set up is mainly for ham so the GMRS is just a bonus that came with hacking the TYT dual band so my knowledge of GMRS is limited. Luckily the Browning covers the GMRS bands too. For my truck I am running a Yaeus FTM-300DR with a Diamond NR770HB antenna.

Last edited:
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just drilled out one of the slots on the regular radio mount to bolt it right to the SuperATV windshield mount…here’s a better picture:

View attachment 380197 View attachment 380198
My set up is mainly for ham so the GMRS is just a bonus that came with hacking the TYT dual band so my knowledge of GMRS is limited. Luckily the Browning covers the GMRS bands too. For my truck I am running a Yaeus FTM-300DR with a Comet CA-2x4SRNMO antenna.
This antenna has worked the best for my tyt 8600 and I've tried several dual and tri brands from Browning

Reactions: Bandman
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!