P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Winch, shackles and led light bar installed, next is a switch plate and radio👍🏻

3F77EA83 C736 45EF B113 1E49D244A97D

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Winch, shackles and led light bar installed, next is a switch plate and radio👍🏻

View attachment 200436
Not installed yet but got my JAK's Motor Sports SS brake lines today, looks like something that would be on a NASCR machine, they are trick! Had to tell a fib to my wife, she asked if I had charged them and why I needed new brake lines, this is why it's a fib, I sent a cashiers check and (the lie part) one of the brake lines had started seeping brake fluid, well it would have at some point! HA!

R

rickoshea

Got my brake pads delivered to the fed ex depot at 3:30 this afternoon.ran into town and had them installed by 5 PM.got my new winch installed yesterday.

Reactions: Haldog77 and Isaiah
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
It went on fairly smooth except for the front 4 bolts. I feel the ones they supply are slightly too short. I had to use an adjustable clamp to compress the skid tight enough to the frame for the bolt to be long enough. The front 4 holes were also lightly off, so I had to elongate 2 holes to get the bolt to go in straight. Overall, it was a pretty simple straight forward install. I may drill some more holes in it and may add a few more attachment points in the future. I am going to go with how it came stock for a little and see if I need to do any more work.
Mine has been battle tested. I added a few more drain holes along the frame rails. I used a floor jack to install mine so it was pressed pretty tight up front and the hardware fit fine. I was hesitant about the exposed bolt heads at first but I've been through some gnarly rocks since then and they've been fine. My self tappers are about shot now, so weld in nutserts are coming soon on my list.

Reactions: Haldog77 and Isaiah
Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good! What winch/mount did you end up going with?

I ended up using a Viper Mount. I'm still not thrilled with how the the setup is with the factory bumper but oh well. I haven't got it wired yet because I'm brainstorming on how to do the wiring with a future radio. Should I get a fuse box???

Reactions: Isaiah
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think yes on a seperate fuse box.
Everything I run in accessories including my winch are on a completely separate battery and switch circuit. Never killed the aux battery or main using winch and accessories.
I like being able to completely seperate accessories from the OEM electrical circuit.

Reactions: Delton and Isaiah
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A quick follow up on the the "porta-shade" for my P-1000. Tried it at a range session yesterday and it was a welcome addition to get out of our harsh hi altitude sun. Set up was seamless. Unstrap lower part of unit from P-1000. Unstrap support legs from roof and snap into place. Throw camo netting over it and done. The netting works pretty well in wind as it allows it to pass through. It was nice to be able to work in a bit of shade. We have a real prairie dog problem and like to get in close to cull them with .22s before they "disappear" in the growing grass. They seem to not notice a blind that suddenly appears in a meadow. We plan to throw more netting over the rig and park it in some way over populated sections to do our culling. Some linked pictures below.
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/Remote8/20200505_093458.jpg
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/Remote8/20200505_093511.jpg

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that's a great use for a sun shade and your Pioneer. That's a picture of my retirement soon.
I'm also originally from the Cowboy state and have done my share of pest control on the ranch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah
advertisement
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Out of boredom today really, I decided to do the 4" bilge blower under seat mod.

My wheeler came with the Honda heat fix but the back and seat still sometimes get toasty when hot outside.

6 months ago I added heat shield/dyna mat material under the seat and seat back and it works pretty well.

We still get a warm blast once in a while from the back when hot outside, so I decided to mount a bilge blower.

Blower delivered tomorrow, but it's wired, switched and ready to install.

I did also cut to fit a car window shade as an added measure. Copied another's idea. $13.99
20200515 134724

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!